News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Converter] ProBoards v5/Forums.net to SMF 2.0.x

Started by Hauzer, May 24, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WatchSteve

Quote from: WatchSteve on December 08, 2015, 07:45:03 AM
I really appreciate all your help preparing the database for upload!

Would this be a permanent fix in the converter or is this something that would have to be done for each upload?

Come to think of it, I guess it's not the converter, but actually the database.  My bad

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

OK so I was *finally* able to import your DB. As with my latest PB database, it tool some manually edits to work.

You need to pick up your DB dump and (use a good editor like Notepad++):
a) remove all create/insert stuff related to the table "Plugin_Component". It has a *TON* of malformed content and it's not important for any kind of conversion.
b) find and replace all instances of "\'" (no double quotes) and replace with "\\'" (again, no quotes)
c) find and replace all instances of "\0" (no double quotes" and replace with "1S" (no quotes, or any characters you prefer).

Finally you should be able to import your database dump cleanly. Passwords will fail but the converter can't handle them anyway so everyone needs to reset its passwords.

The converter available here should work good enough. I "fine tuned" it but it was part of a paid work and, as such, I can't release that improvement. Let me know if you need further help

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

WatchSteve

Margarett, thank you so much for this!!

I'm going to break out Notepad++ and give it a try.

Also, would I still need to remove that first line about create database that gave me the error "CREATE DATABASE `id_5658312` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */;
MySQL said: Documentation
#1044 - Access denied for user 'watchint'@'localhost' to database 'id_5658312' "

Again, I'll get started and report back my results.  Thank you!

margarett

Yes, you need to remove that create database instruction ;)

Do note, the edits will be slooooow because (in my computer at least) Notepad++ struggles to perform edits in a 220Mb file

WatchSteve

Well, this is going to take some time!

I have the first line about creating a database removed, the information under the "Plugin_Componet" removed and I am on step b.

I have been at it for hours and replaced thousands of "\" with "\\" and still a long ways to go to get to the third step.  I had no idea the edits were this time consuming.

margarett

Notepad++ has a replace all function ;)
But after you remove the "Plugin component" there aren't that many \' to replace, IIRC...
It's a LOT to remove, make sure you remove all of it. Eg, everything that looks like code:
var sticky_thread_divider = (function() {
   return {
      init: function() {
            var plugin = proboards.plugin.get(''sticky_thread_divider'');
         var settings = (plugin)? plugin.settings : false;
         var location = proboards.dataHash.route.name;

if (/(board?)$/.test(location)) {
         // clean up code later
                var isNumber = /^\d+$/;
            var announcementHeight,
                    stickyHeight,
                    announcementDividerColor,
                    stickyDividerColor,
                    announcementDividerImage = '''',
                    stickyDividerImage = '''';

Is removed and, with it, most of the \'

WatchSteve

Oh man!!  I feel dumb!! 

Thanks again!!

And yes, I removed all that code under the "Plugin_Component" table.  I saw what you mean about it all being useless information.  Its all about plugins that can't be used in the transfer anyway.

margarett

WatchSteve

Some good news....I was able to upload my database now!

But when I try the conversion I get this error from the converter: The error that was received from the Database was: Table 'watchint_fnet.User' doesn't exist

Any ideas?  Baby steps here lol

margarett

You need to install SMF in the same database where you imported Forums.net. Did you? ;)

WatchSteve

Quote from: margarett on December 09, 2015, 01:17:57 PM
You need to install SMF in the same database where you imported Forums.net. Did you? ;)

Yes, and I even verified by checking the database and seeing the conversion files from the upload and all the smf files in the database.

WatchSteve

Illori

is there a table named User? we cant tell from what you have provided.

WatchSteve

Quote from: Illori on December 09, 2015, 02:03:49 PM
is there a table named User? we cant tell from what you have provided.

No, there is no table labeled User.

margarett

So something went wrong with your import, see attached, it's your DB ;)

WatchSteve

I see, that is missing for me.

Let me go back and make sure I didn't delete it.  :-\

WatchSteve

Look at me!  Making more progress.

I get to converting and end up with this:

Converting...
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 'last_message'
   :-\

margarett

In the .sql file
---* {$to_prefix}topics
SELECT

Replace with
---* {$to_prefix}topics
---{
$ignore = true;
---}
SELECT

WatchSteve

Advertisement: