[Converter] ProBoards v5/Forums.net to SMF 2.0.x

Started by Hauzer, May 24, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

That shouldn't happen. If the members are imported correctly (check your smf_members table) then the password recovery should work. Check the table and let us know ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

WatchSteve

All the members are listed in the members table.

If I reset their password they can log in, but they can't recover it on their own.

With over 1400 members that would be a lot of resetting on my part lol

margarett

At this point I would suggest that it's past the converter, it's something related to SMF, most likely (its configuration - especially email) or the members data in the database (but that should be verified already)

What is the *exact* message they get? Can you recover your own password?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

WatchSteve

Going back and looking at my tables I found that only the first 17 registered members actually converted over and show in the members table.

All members show in the Users table though.  I could only reset passwords for those that converted, but even they got: An Error Has Occurred!
There are no usernames associated with that email.
when attempted on their own.  I got "That username does not exist." and the same message when trying "forgot password" so I was unable to recover my password and had to go in and reset my password.

BUT, once someone logs out they cannot log back in.  They get the same message as in the beginning of user does not exist...strange ???

margarett

Yeah probably something went sour with the members conversion. Right now your "Users" table doesn't matter anymore (except if you want to repeat the conversion - which you will :P ), only {prefix}_members. So if the users aren't there, they can't be used.

WatchSteve

Quote from: margarett on December 11, 2015, 07:47:57 AM
Yeah probably something went sour with the members conversion. Right now your "Users" table doesn't matter anymore (except if you want to repeat the conversion - which you will :P ), only {prefix}_members. So if the users aren't there, they can't be used.

I've try and converted twice into a test forum, but for some reason none of my members, including myself, are not being converted over?  :-[

Everything else looks great!  I just can't update my password and log in like the first time because my member table keeps coming up blank.

I'm so close too  :)

paulandre

I got the following error message

Converting topics...Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 'last_message'

paulandre

I have found the duplicates and removed them, how do I restart the converter?

paulandre

I have read the whole thread and might have found the solution to my problem

bikenut

So, anyone wanna help me convert my forums.net [nofollow] forums over to Simple Machines??  pretty please?

Advertisement: