News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Deleting users with MySql

Started by yuptalk, May 24, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuptalk

Dear all,

Could you please help me with MySQL query to delete these two categories os users (separately):

1. Those who have ZERO posts AND were registered before a particular date. For example, before Oct 1, 2013.
2. Those who are waiting for approval.

Thank you!

Arantor

What's stopping you do these from the admin panel? Unless you have hundreds and hundreds of each, the admin panel already has features (even in 1.1.x) for doing this.

Kindred

Indeed...   I suggest that you do NOT try to mess around with deleting them in the database when there are functions in the admin menu to deal with that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yup, because the admin panel will call the proper clean-up methods. While there won't be too much information lurking if the accounts never got approved or if they never posted, but potentially there will be things lurking in some of the outlying tables.

Schade

Wondering the same thing. My acct just got suspended and one.com asked me to Clean up smf_members and install some spamcontrols before releasing the suspension.

Only way I can delete is through the dbadmin i think.?

Or any other suggestion?

Arantor

You should still be doing it from the admin panel if at *all* possible.

Note that anti-spam controls and such options are significantly improved with 2.0 (I'm assuming from your post here in the 1.1.x board that you're running 1.1.x)

Schade

Cannot access my page at all
"This site has been temporarily disabled, please try again later."

Did delete 2000-2500 users manually in dbadmin, hope it will work.

Will wait for swedish support in the monring because im not good at English

Will seriously look to ugrade to 2.0 if there is better protection for spammers.

Thanks for your help

Arantor

How do they expect you to fix it if you can't get into it?

Advertisement: