Site slow

Started by Jade Elizabeth, May 27, 2014, 01:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

For some reason, when accessing this site from Aus the site is extremely slow. When I put my VPN (set to america) on it loads just fine. It's really a pain. Only this site has been acting up and it is so annoying.

Can someone please look into it? :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

青山 素子

There's a been a lot of traffic recently to the servers. Depending on the route being used to get here, there is a chance that the route is either having issues, or that particular route to our server is congested. Using a VPN there is a very good chance that your connection is taking a completely different route.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Jade Elizabeth

Page created in 1.121 seconds with 24 queries.
Page served by: 10.0.100.134 (10.0.100.134)

After that I literally tried 11 times to open this thread...each time nothing. Then I refreshed the unread topics page I was on and nothing there either. Only after turning my VPN on have I gotten here.

You guys might want to look into that :(.

Now I see (VPN ON):
Page created in 0.386 seconds with 19 queries.
Page served by: 10.0.100.134 (10.0.100.113)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

LiroyvH

The page render time depends on what the server is doing, using a VPN will not make any difference to that and such small differences mean nothing about how fast you can see the page in your browser.
The same thing can happen in reverse, you can see a 1.1 sec pagegen time while on your VPN and it loads fast, but a 0.100 pagegen time on your home connection and it loads super slow. ;)

Unfortunately, the problems you describe are not a problem at our side; but at your own side.
There's... Nothing we can do to fix that. Sorry :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Μπράιαν Poύνικ Ντίκεν on May 29, 2014, 12:28:28 PM
its knows its you :P

It must because even now it timed out completely before I turned my VPN on and was able to make it here.

Quote from: CoreISP on May 29, 2014, 12:36:31 PM
The page render time depends on what the server is doing, using a VPN will not make any difference to that and such small differences mean nothing about how fast you can see the page in your browser.
The same thing can happen in reverse, you can see a 1.1 sec pagegen time while on your VPN and it loads fast, but a 0.100 pagegen time on your home connection and it loads super slow. ;)

Unfortunately, the problems you describe are not a problem at our side; but at your own side.
There's... Nothing we can do to fix that. Sorry :)

Well what is the issue?

LiroyvH

Well what is the issue?

You'd have to ask your ISP :P
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: