News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on October 14, 2016, 12:17:41 PM
Hey Dougie,

You modification is erasing permissions to the boards.
I just installed the mod on clean version of newest SMF and I confirmed it.

See the attached screens.

At the first is all okay, the permission is granted. But when I edit the group (and I dind't changed the permissions, but something other; for example the leader of the group), during saving a new options of group, it's deleting all previous permissions and I must granted it again. It's very annoying.

I hope you solved it as fast as possible.

Thanks again for great modification,
Okay, armed with the information from the previous post, I've duplicated this bug report.  I'm going to try to figure out what I've messed up, because this shouldn't be happening.....

JerzyLS

Dear dougiefresh,

Did you found the solutions?
Users are impatient.

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on October 27, 2016, 04:13:54 PM
Did you found the solutions?
Users are impatient.
I've been trying to figure out how to code this properly....

dougiefresh

@JerzyLS: I've decided to start clean on the Sources/ManageMembergroups.php and ManageMembergroups.template.php, in order to correctly make the changes required in the code.  I have the next 2 days off, so maybe I can get something done on this topic.  Sorry about the delay....

dougiefresh

UPDATE: Sorry about the wait.  I've got the Edit Membergroup screen working properly now.  Working on the Add Membergroup screen now...

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.37 - November 18th, 2016
o SMF 2.0.x: Fixed Edit Membergroup and Add Membergroup functions to fix board selection bug.
o Fixed missing closing operation tag in install_20x.xml.
o Removed upgrade ability from mod.

@JerzyLS:  Hopefully this update solves the issue you reported.  Let me if it doesn't!  Thank you!

SychO

Hello,

Very nice work
I was wondering if it was possible to instead of getting this message when clicking on a topic of a different subforum
AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
The board you specified is located on a different forum

Members would be taken to the topic wherever it's situated, and also when clicking on unread new posts members would see all the new posts from all subforums

Thanks in advance
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Adrek

I think that option called "Redirect board to correct SubForum instead of error message" will help you with this issue :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3730;id=237690;image
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

SychO

Quote from: phantomm on January 08, 2017, 12:06:58 PM
I think that option called "Redirect board to correct SubForum instead of error message" will help you with this issue :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3730;id=237690;image

I'd still like to know if we can see all unread content from all subforums, and not having that split apart.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Adrek

Actually this was fixed in v1.16 so it limits posts only to current subforum. I do not have this version on my PC so I can't help you with it.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.38 - January 28th, 2017[/u]
o Fixed bug where we aren't displaying the agreement file in the administration center or when someone registers.

@ksrandom:  Thank you for the GitHub merge request, which addressed the bug mentioned!  Much appreciated!

Madirex

I have this error when i try to install:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_log_packages
WHERE package_id = 'Dougiefresh:Split_Forum'
AND inst' at line 2
Archivo: /storage/h3/992/678992/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Línea: 262

Madirex

Quote from: Madirex on May 11, 2017, 06:24:15 PM
I have this error when i try to install:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_log_packages
WHERE package_id = 'Dougiefresh:Split_Forum'
AND inst' at line 2
Archivo: /storage/h3/992/678992/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Línea: 262

Solved.

Arantor

This is not a mod bug, this is a core SMF bug.

moyack

Hi dougiefresh:

I've been using your mod instead of PmxSubforums, and it's a great piece of work :)

However, I was wondering if you can add the possibility to move topics from one subform to another, at least from the main forum system.

Thanks in advance for you attention :D

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.39 - July 11th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o Moved favicon setting from Database settings to general server settings.
o Replaced IFNULL with COALESCE in database queries for better Postgres support.

moyack

Hi dougiefresh, I just have a small question: is there any recommendation about the DNS setings in the domain in order to make this mod efficient in redirections and such. I ask this because sometimes my website shows nothing, and I'm suspecting I have something wrong with the DNS redirections. Thanks in advance.

dougiefresh

Sorry, no clue....  I wouldn't think that your DNS settings have any effect on this mod....  Could be wrong...

SaltedWeb

I am unsure how to have the subforum show a different Logo?
I do have two separate domains if needed or could just point the the other.
But not quite sure how the Mod reads the other graphics and how it can be changed
so its not exactly like the main forum
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Found a solution, since in the main forum the themes can be added to change the theme for the subforum. And I wanted the same theme just different logos I installed a second version of the same theme renamed it and then just edit the logo for that theme #2 since it creates a whole separate theme it wont affect the original.
I posted the solution because it may be desired by others to have a sub domain same theme different name. This could be done over and over for as many subs as you make just create a new theme with the same one rename its and you have all new theme you can edit if needed.
I was not thinking and know this is done for solo forums for holidays special events etc, but then realized same thing could be done just to the subforums theme.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Advertisement: