News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverKnight

I have found, that when installing this mod the forum categorys can no longer be sorted and upon uninstalling the dropdown comes back to sort the catagorys.

skeletonkiss

Whoops...  I omitted some of the fields by accident....  The fixed Subs-ManageSplitForums.php file will be included in v1.9, however, if you need the fixed file now, it is attached.  Meanwhile, I'm gonna see about Pretty URL compatibility....

Thanks so much! This mod is absolutely fabulous now that it's intergrated into SP. I definitely look forward to future enhancements. ^^

dougiefresh

Quote from: SilverKnight on August 26, 2014, 08:19:36 AM
I have found, that when installing this mod the forum categorys can no longer be sorted and upon uninstalling the dropdown comes back to sort the catagorys.
"Sorted"?  What do you mean by "sorted"?  Like they aren't in the same order that they are in within Board Management?  Because this is the second complaint that I've gotten on this issue.  If this is it, what version of SMF and MySQL are you running?

Or do you have some sort of mod that sorts the categories a different way on Board Index?

Quote from: skeletonkiss on August 26, 2014, 04:24:24 PM
Thanks so much! This mod is absolutely fabulous now that it's intergrated into SP. I definitely look forward to future enhancements. ^^
You're welcome!

SilverKnight

Quote from: dougiefresh on August 26, 2014, 04:49:35 PM
"Sorted"?  What do you mean by "sorted"?  Like they aren't in the same order that they are in within Board Management?  Because this is the second complaint that I've gotten on this issue.  If this is it, what version of SMF and MySQL are you running?

Or do you have some sort of mod that sorts the categories a different way on Board Index?

I found that, if no secondary subforum is created and you go to edit categories, the drop-down is not displayed, if you create a subforum it then appears. Technically, so in essence not a error if a subforum is created\the mod is used.

I noticed there's incompatibility with the smf member awards mod (https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Member-Awards) where all award images fail to load in a subforum which is especially noticeable the poster information in a topic.

Example Subforum image that does not work:
http://www.myforum.net/iseyu/awards/5-mini.png

Main forum:
http://www.myforum.net/awards/9-mini.png

Essentially, awards is a folder in the base of the folder, much like attachments or avatars, a temp fix would be to copy over the awards to each subforum but i would very much appreciate support for this mod as it's the most popular and feature-full awards mod used in SMF.

I have attached below a image showing the extent of the issue.

dougiefresh

Quote from: SilverKnight on August 27, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on August 26, 2014, 04:49:35 PM

I found that, if no secondary subforum is created and you go to edit categories, the drop-down is not displayed, if you create a subforum it then appears. Technically, so in essence not a error if a subforum is created\the mod is used.
OH!!!  You're talking about the Board Management GUI!  Lemme look into this, now that I understand what you're talking about!

Quote from: SilverKnight on August 27, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
I noticed there's incompatibility with the smf member awards mod (https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Member-Awards) where all award images fail to load in a subforum which is especially noticeable the poster information in a topic.

Example Subforum image that does not work:
http://www.myforum.net/iseyu/awards/5-mini.png

Main forum:
http://www.myforum.net/awards/9-mini.png

Essentially, awards is a folder in the base of the folder, much like attachments or avatars, a temp fix would be to copy over the awards to each subforum but i would very much appreciate support for this mod as it's the most popular and feature-full awards mod used in SMF.

I have attached below a image showing the extent of the issue.
Hmmmm......  That might be a problem....  Lemme see what I can do.

Kindred

that's not actually a surprise...

really, the awards mod SHOULD be placing the awards images in the images directory of each theme instead...

Also, for the same reason, I suspect things like the facebook mod and the gallery mods (which create directories sub to the root rather than in the theme path) will likely have issues
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

Okay, I had to reinstall my computer this weekend.  OH-BOY, what fun it is!!!  :P  But I'm back.....

I've managed to fix the Manage Categories UI so that the category order can (once again) be changed.  I also fixed the Manage Boards UI so that the boards are shown when you only have no subforums defined.  I've fixed several undefined variable errors I found during the course of my fixing the Manage Boards UI and Manage Categories UI.

I'm going to write some code to place a .htaccess file in the subforum folders so that the requests get redirected to the main forum's folders.  Hopefully, this will solve the reported issue.

EDIT: Also fixed a bug I found within the Delete Categories UI....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.9 - September 5th, 2014
o Added creation of .htaccess to redirect subdirectory requests to primary forum.
o Fixed some undefined errors found in ManageBoards.php.
o Fixed some undefined errors found in ManageSplitForums.php.
o Fixed bugs in Manage Category UI so that category order can be changed again.
o Fixed bugs in Delete Category UI so that categories to move to are selectable again.
o Fixed bugs in Manage Board UI so that board order can be changed again if creating new board.
o Fixed bug within rewritten SimplePortal block copying code because fields were omitted.
o Minor compatibility fix within upgrade_v1.4.xml for Pretty URL.  Functionality not changed.

Please note this update does not fix compatibility with Pretty URL.  All other bug reports should be fixed.

Quote from: jjqualls on August 24, 2014, 01:16:57 PM
Thanks once again for everything dougiefresh! Loving this mod. Having 1 issue but not sure if it's the mod or if it's SMF in general since I haven't actually used SMF without the mod. My categories on the subforums are all out of order. When I am on the board editor, my categories are in order, but when I go to the actual website, they seem to be in a random order. Is this from the mod or is this just how SMF does?
This bug report is likely the cause of your server (aka GoDaddy) having upgraded their MySQL software.  There are some differences in the MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 series software, and the "wackiness" can be seen in the SMF software prior to v2.0.8.  Upgrading to SMF v2.0.8 should solve this particular bug report, however, I can't verify this solution without more information.

Arantor

Yup, those symptoms are certainly consistent with MySQL 5.6 (or specific configurations of MySQL 5.5 but that seems unlikely)

It was specifically tackled as part of 2.0.8, so if you're not already on 2.0.8 you really should upgrade. (Not 2.0.7, that fixed some PHP issues, not MySQL ones)

schmiesus

ok so was it suppose to generate an index file???? cause it didn't on my server :/

dougiefresh

Quote from: schmiesus on September 06, 2014, 01:16:57 AM
ok so was it suppose to generate an index file???? cause it didn't on my server :/
It's only supposed to generate a index.php file on subforums, not the primary forum.  Make sure that the permissions are set correctly for the new folder created, it should be 0755....  I'm making a modification to attempt to change it within the mod....

schmiesus

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 06, 2014, 04:40:11 PM
Quote from: schmiesus on September 06, 2014, 01:16:57 AM
It's only supposed to generate a index.php file on subforums, not the primary forum.  Make sure that the permissions are set correctly for the new folder created, it should be 0755....  I'm making a modification to attempt to change it within the mod....

ok so i figured out what it was doing and it was odd. Def a bug in there.

instead of making file folders it did this.

but I've got that now working. however I now have this "Notice: Undefined index: path in /home/dubberz/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 158"

and as soon as i click on anything in the subforum i get this "The board you specified is located on a different forum"

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.10 - September 6th, 2014
o Added code to attempt to change permissions of created folders and files.
o Rewrote some code added by v1.9 so that it creates the folders properly (again)....

This should fix the bug report given....  Thank you, schmiesus!

schmiesus

you know what's fun now it it won't install.....It thinks it's installed but it hasn't.

I love computers sometimes.

dougiefresh

Check your file permissions.  Chances are good that something is screwed up in your file permissions.....

DenDen60

Hi Dougiefresh,

it took a long time but I am now ready to try your mod.  :P

From what I understand, this will be the mod that I want.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

DenDen60

Oups. ;-(

I tried to install the mod, version 1.10and several errors are listed as SMF checks the files. (on a fresh install of SMF and using MySQL version 5.5.37-cll).

28.Execute Modification./Sources/Load.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Sources/Load.phpTest failed
29.Execute Modification./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

2.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

3.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

4.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

5.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

6.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

7.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest failed

8.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

9.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

10.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

11.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

12.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful
30.Execute Modification./Sources/Subs-Boards.phpTest failed

1.Add After./Sources/Subs-Boards.phpTest successful

2.Replace./Sources/Subs-Boards.phpTest successful

3.Replace./Sources/Subs-Boards.phpTest failed
31.Execute Modification./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

2.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

3.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

4.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

5.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

6.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

7.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

8.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

9.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

10.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

11.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

12.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

13.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful
32.Execute Modification./Sources/Load.phpTest failed

2.Add Before./Sources/Load.phpTest successful
33.Execute Modification./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

34.Execute Modification./Sources/Subs-Portal.phpSkipping file

35.Execute Modification./Sources/Subs-PortalAdmin.phpSkipping file

36.Execute Modification./Sources/PortalAdminBlocks.phpSkipping file

37.Execute Modification./Themes/default/PortalAdminBlocks.template.phpSkipping file
38.Execute Modification./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest failed

2.Add After./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest failed

3.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

4.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

5.Add After./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful

6.Replace./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful
39.Execute Modification./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

2.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

3.Add Before./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

4.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

5.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

6.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed
40.Execute Modification./Sources/Admin.phpTest successful

41.Execute Modification./Sources/PortalAdminBlocks.phpSkipping file

42.Execute Modification./Sources/Subs-Portal.phpSkipping file

43.Execute Modification./Themes/default/PortalAdminBlocks.template.phpSkipping file

44.Execute Modification./Sources/Subs-PortalAdmin.phpSkipping file
45.Execute Modification./SSI.phpTest successful
46.Execute Modification./Sources/Load.phpTest successful

47.Execute Modification./Sources/PortalAdminMain.phpSkipping file
48.Execute Modification./Sources/Load.phpTest failed

49.Execute Modification./Sources/PortalAdminMain.phpSkipping file
50.Execute Modification./Sources/ManageBoards.phpTest successful
51.Execute Modification./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

1.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

2.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

3.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

4.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

5.Add After./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest failed

6.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful

7.Replace./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.phpTest successful
52.Execute Modification./Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.phpTest successful

dougiefresh

What version of SMF are you running?  What mods?  (Interesting that you supplied the MySQL version, but not the version of SMF or what mods you have installed....  ::) )

I checked against a clean copy of SMF 2.0.8 and my clean copy reported no errors......

DenDen60

Fresh install meant 2.08 ;-)

DenDen60

I tried it twice. :-(

I will try on another domain, just for the fun of it. :-(

Advertisement: