News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

By the way, All I have to do is upload and install the mod through the packet manager.

dougiefresh

I'm at a complete loss as to why your fresh install of SMF isn't installing the mod correctly....

DenDen60

I don't know either. :-(

I tried on another domain and it did the same thing. Could it be because it's installed by Softaculous and in French?

dougiefresh

Quote from: denden60 on September 30, 2014, 07:38:07 PM
I tried on another domain and it did the same thing. Could it be because it's installed by Softaculous and in French?
Well, if the version by Softaculous isn't the same as the one provided by SMF, then it certainly is possible.  I would recommend downloading the SMF version off of this SITE, unzip it, strip out the install* and Settings files, then upload those files to your server.  If it still does it, then....  I dunno....  :-[

EDIT: Changed a word to make the sentence make sense....

Falcomfr

Hello :)

I want use your mod but i have a problem. I using phpmyadmin/mysql on localhost.
When i install your mod i got this error:
"Error in Package Installation"
Quote*    4.    Execute Modification    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      4.    Replace    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      5.    Add After    .\Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
Don't know why...
Can you help me ?

Thanks

DenDen60

Just for the fun of it, I changed the default language to English and it did the same thing. :-(

margarett

That's something really weird.
Not directly related to this issue, but could you please get all your forum files, pack them in a zip file and send it to me?
I would like to see what differences has a "clean" SMF package to the one Softaculous is distributing, especially if it claims to be 2.0.8.

Don't forget to remove Settings.php from the zip file ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DenDen60

All right,I will do this.

I have been toying with SMF for a long time, and I have never had any problem. I tried to install Ezportal to see if it worked, and it did.   

margarett

The package is exactly the same as with a clean SMF install so I see no reason for this to happen...

I replaced all my files with the package you sent and I was able to install this MOD...

(note by Kindred - previous post with attachment removed)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DenDen60

Weird.

What version of MySQL database do you use?

margarett

It's not really relevant here since you get test errors in PHP code but I run PHP 5.5.something :P with MySQL 5.6.20
So whatever happens there has to do with file handling or reading of PHP...

DenDen60

PHP version5.4.33
MySQL version5.5.37-cll

Just in case.

dougiefresh

@denden60: Really weird....  I wish I could help....

Quote from: Falcomfr on October 01, 2014, 07:04:02 AM
I want use your mod but i have a problem. I using phpmyadmin/mysql on localhost.
When i install your mod i got this error:
Attach your Sources/Admin.php file and I'll look at it.

DenDen60

I will check with my hosting company, but meanwhile, could you upload a fresh copy of your file, just in case the one I downloaded is corrupt?

Falcomfr

yahip88

I'm putting a screen shot here. You can see I have top and side blocks in place.

What I want, in case I'm not explaining this right, is to have more then one of whatever SP calls the 'forum' page'; when you -just- set a block to show on the 'forum', it ONLY shows on the board index. As there is now a second 'board' created by this mod, how can I have a second 'board index'? It doesn't seem, in theory, like this should be impossible...

dougiefresh

Quote from: denden60 on October 01, 2014, 06:40:20 PM
I will check with my hosting company, but meanwhile, could you upload a fresh copy of your file, just in case the one I downloaded is corrupt?
You can get a new copy of Simple Machines at the Download page at the top of the screen.  (here)

Quote from: Falcomfr on October 01, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Thank you dougiefresh
Attached is the altered copy of Admin.php.  You've installed a mod that using the area "MediaPro", and it's that mod which screwed up your Admin.php.  Unfortunately, I don't have the faintest idea what "MediaPro" is, but since you have the strings, I would suggest that you contact the author of that mod and file a complaint about his/her/their mod screwing up Admin.php for you with too many extra lines.....

Quote from: yahip88 on October 02, 2014, 05:08:36 AM
I'm putting a screen shot here. You can see I have top and side blocks in place.
I don't see a screenshot attached....

Quote from: yahip88 on October 02, 2014, 05:08:36 AM
What I want, in case I'm not explaining this right, is to have more then one of whatever SP calls the 'forum' page'; when you -just- set a block to show on the 'forum', it ONLY shows on the board index. As there is now a second 'board' created by this mod, how can I have a second 'board index'? It doesn't seem, in theory, like this should be impossible...
Huh?

Kindred

he wants a series of links in his main menu which point to each of the split forum locations...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

Hmmm..... I guess I could add that as an option.  Where to put it, I wonder......  After "Home"?

Falcomfr

That working with the new admin.php but now i have a another problem.

When i click on "Create New SubForum" i get a blank page with the number "2" and nothing else.

Can you help me again ? Thanks a lot :)

Advertisement: