News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empire KickAss

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 05, 2015, 11:39:30 AM
@Empire KickAss: Even though efforts to make this mod compatible with Pretty URLs have been made, it still does not work properly with Pretty URLs.  I haven't looked at the mod in a few months to make any corrections, but maybe I will be able to in the upcoming week or so.  That's the best I can promise at the moment.

Hows it going? when Do you think that the mod will work 100% with the URL? It's been weeks past and I gotta get that part of the site up and running by the end of the month.  When you think it be done by?
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Kindred

why even bother with prettyurls?
They serve no real purpose with regards to SEO and they cause issues with mods... (like this)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

n00bmonkey

Not to mention a htaccess rewrite on every page probably gives you a performance penalty for SEO lol

dougiefresh

@Empire KickAss: Well, I've been working mandatory 7 days a week for the past few weeks, taking very little time off for doctors appointments and such....  This mod or any other has not been a priority in my life.  I apologize if this is inconvenient for you....

iain sherriff

Hi
Installed without ant problem and works as it should....much admired Mod  :)

Is there a way to stop people registering to the subforum.........or forcing them to regiter with the main forum ?
SMF 2.0.12

Greygal

When they register on one, they are members of both, as the subforum is using the same user database.

You should be able to turn off new registrations in Admin > Members > Registration > Settings for the subforum and/or the main forum separately.

iain sherriff

Thanks........for some reason when I turn off registration on my sub forum it also turns it off on the main ?

I realise the dB is shared and the fact that people are members of both does not matter, it would judt suit the layout and instructions if they had to register on the main forum   :)
SMF 2.0.12

Greygal

Hrm... I could have sworn that registration settings were saved separately for the main forum and the subforum... must not be remembering right! 

A quick-and-easy solution might be to just edit the theme for the subforum to remove the link to the registration form, maybe?

iain sherriff

Thanks again :)
I was thinking there may be a way to "globally" redirect

/forum1/index.php?action=register

to

/index.php?action=register

but don't know how to do it
SMF 2.0.12

Empire KickAss

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 22, 2015, 02:42:40 PM
@Empire KickAss: Well, I've been working mandatory 7 days a week for the past few weeks, taking very little time off for doctors appointments and such....  This mod or any other has not been a priority in my life.  I apologize if this is inconvenient for you....

I have it working 100%, is there away for Pretty URLs works on the main site? My Url looks off putting without Pretty URLs
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

dougiefresh

@Everybody: I'm working to resolve the errors that have been reported in this mod.  Please be patient, as I've been also working to convert all my other mods to work with SMF 2.1 Beta 1.  This one will be converted as well, once the bugs are taken care of....  I also apologize for half-ass fixing this mod, as the modifications for Pretty URLs seem to be more complex than I expected.

Quote from: Empire KickAss on February 27, 2015, 11:32:30 PM
Is there an video on this?
@Empire KickAss: I don't understand what you're asking?  Are you asking for an instructional/tutorial video about using this mod?  If so, no there isn't one yet and there are no plans currently to make one.

Quote from: Empire KickAss on April 02, 2015, 08:30:37 PM
I have it working 100%, is there away for Pretty URLs works on the main site? My Url looks off putting without Pretty URLs
@Empire KickAss: I've implemented an option to disable Pretty URLs per subforum in the next mod version, per your request.

Quote from: iain sherriff on March 31, 2015, 04:59:38 AM
I was thinking there may be a way to "globally" redirect
@iain sherriff: I've implemented an option to globally redirect all registration requests to the Primary forum in the next mod version, per your request.

Quote from: Greygal on March 30, 2015, 05:27:25 PM
Hrm... I could have sworn that registration settings were saved separately for the main forum and the subforum... must not be remembering right! 
@Greygal: No, like most forum options, the registration options are globally shared.  Do you need to be allow to disable registration per subforum?

Empire KickAss

Quote@Empire KickAss: I've implemented an option to disable Pretty URLs per subforum in the next mod version, per your request.

Thanks, Thanks for your work  ;)

TomW

dougiefresh, thank you for your efforts; it is appreciated.

dougiefresh

UPDATE: I've gotten the Modify Boards UI to successfully change which category that a board is assigned to, but still haven't gotten the board order thingy to work.  I've also implemented an online version check that will show if your install of Split Forum Mod is up to date on the SubForums' Settings page.  I've got to fiddle with the Pretty URLs compatibility still, but hopefully will have it working within the next week or so....  Thought I'd update y'all on my progress....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.22 - June 6th, 2015
o Fixed Modify Board UI so that boards can be moved between subforums & categories.
o Added online version check to the Split Forum Mod settings page.
o Fixed package-info.xml to remove Subs-SplitForumAdminHooks.php upon uninstall.
o Added an option to enable or disable Pretty URLs per subforum.
o Added an option in Subforum Settings to redirect registration attempts to Primary forum.
o Resolved some undefined variables and index error within ManageSplitForums.php
o Fixed an undefined variable error in ManageBoards.php.
o Moved SubForums admin area from Forum section to the Configuration section.

@Everybody:  I've been sitting on this update for a while, and decided it was past time to release it.  No progress has been made since April 24th, 2015, so pretty much nothing happened since then....  I've had to fix way too many other issues in other mods, and I finally have caught up.  I'll be working on some other bug fixes for the next version....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.23 - June 18th, 2015
o Fixed Modify Board UI so that board order can be changed correctly.
o Fixed Modify Board UI so that category list doesn't disappear when changing subforums.
o Modified installation process so that subforum .htaccess files are updated properly.
o Modified Pretty URL source code to write the base folder to .htaccess correctly.

@Everybody: Because of the number of changes required for compatibility with SMF 2.1, I am excluding those changes from this version of the mod.  In addition, I think I've fixed compatibility with the Pretty URLs mod.  Let me know if this doesn't solve the issues....

sangham.net

It's always a pleasure to see Mr dougiefresh's effort and care about wishes and problems of others he would be able to release. Sadhu!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.24 - June 25th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1
o Modified ManageSplitForums.template.php to use 2.1-styled appearance under SMF 2.1.
o Modified Subs-SplitForumAdminHooks.php to load css file for SMF 2.1 instead of SMF 2.0.

rtwingfield

Another member suggested that I post to this thread . . .perhaps a broader audience for the question.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=537854.0

dougiefresh

Quote from: rtwingfield on July 02, 2015, 09:28:58 AM
Just installed SMF 2.0.10 . . .clean fresh install . . .working as advertised.

Tried to install Split Forum Mod . . .encountered some problems . . .reran a time or two and the mod_install.php script simply reports

Congratulations! You have successfully installed this mod!

Base SMF system does not show mod as installed; the admin functions are not available; no additional DB tables were created.

Running mod_uninstall.php complains:

• Database Error
    Unknown column 'forumid' in 'order clause'
    File: /usr/local/www/smf-2.0.10/mod_uninstall.php
    Line: 19

Some flag or file (table element?) must be set that indicates that the mod was successfully installed . . .but obviously is wasn't, so how do I reset or delete  whatever to enable a successful rerun?
I've just installed the Split Forum Mod on my localhost and it installed properly for me....  Make sure that the credentials for MySQL allow for full access to the database in question, as this MAY be part of your issue....

It's possible to remove the mod from the install history by opening up your phpMyAdmin, navigating to {db_prefix}log_packages (where {db_prefix} is the prefix for your forum) and delete the last entry with the following package ID:Dougiefresh:Split_Forum
Using phpMyAdmin, your MySQL query (assuming your forum prefix is smf_),  should read:
DELETE FROM `smf_log_packages` WHERE package_id = 'Dougiefresh:Split_Forum'
PLEASE NOTE that doing so only deletes the record of installation of the mod.  It does nothing to the source and template files of your forum!

For future reference, it's always a good idea to point questions in the thread for the mod that you're having problems with, instead of posting questions in other forums asking for help with a particular mod...

Advertisement: