News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AdsToppost

Started by Mr.Truckman, May 27, 2014, 07:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Truckman

Link to Mod

Modname : AdsToppost
By : Mr.Truckman

Enter code html or text to top post.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.

OCJ

A nice idea for a little mod. I wanted to use but if I have Ads it would be more than one...so this is my request/suggestion.

If you could make multiple boxes for different Ads that would rotate or appear random in each post.
Rather than a fixed number of Ads (I guess that is easier), best would be an 'add' button to just increase the number as you like. A bit like Simple Portal blocks - I noticed you use Simple Portal.

BTW
What theme do you use on your site? I was trying to see what it was.

Mr.Truckman

Thanks for the advice  :)

Squash

Does anyone know if it is possible to make this rotate more than just one ad?

This is a great addon but if it was just tweaked so that you could add multiple ads

Squash

Nevermind...... i figured out a way to do multiples on my own.

OCJ

QuoteNevermind...... i figured out a way to do multiples on my own.

Posting your solution would be a good idea then.

Squash

Quote from: igirisjin on February 08, 2016, 12:50:59 AM
QuoteNevermind...... i figured out a way to do multiples on my own.

Posting your solution would be a good idea then.

Well I just use the html code and use multiple ads in one line. If you'd like to see an example of what I did...linkable images to sponsors. You can see it here....  http://washingtonpremiersoccer.com/forum/index.php/topic,23908.0.html

You'll notice I basically make custom ads....small and custom to match the background of my forum for people. I don't charge for ads on my site, they are free to local sites and soccer clubs. I make the image, upload it to my server, and then and then link to them with html. I try to keep the ads small and sweet for my forum users, I'm not a fan of obtrusive ads. I have a sized background image I use to make each ad to keep the sizing the same.

Example size I do 

I have a spreadsheet with all the ads/links/html I make and can once a week rotate new ones in to the site.

Anyways...it works for me. It means once a week I have to make a simple change but it's easy. You technically could probably do 1-4 ads if you wanted if you got your sizing down. I also realize it's not a rotator but it fits my needs for small and custom ads that fit my site.

OCJ

Ah, ok.
A random automatic rotation would have been nice.

Squash

Quote from: igirisjin on February 10, 2016, 10:29:36 AM
Ah, ok.
A random automatic rotation would have been nice.

If I understood how to do it, I'd add similar coding to it just like the News Randomizer set up. I'm sure someone knows how.....

I'm sure it would be fairly simple for one of the experts around here...but I think their are rules about doing that sort of thing.

Advertisement: