News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I add graphics?

Started by FudPucker69, October 07, 2005, 07:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FudPucker69

I have the board up and running.....it's operating fine but it's kinda plain without some graphics.
I've looked at the settings.php and index.php pages but didn't see anywhere in there to specify headerlogos.....

Anyone? 

Beuller?

JayBachatero

look in your themes folder for index.template.php
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Gary

You can replace smflogo.jpg or you can go into index.template.php and find smflogo.jpg and replace it with filename.gif
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

FudPucker69

Quote from: Gazmanafc on October 07, 2005, 07:15:45 PM
You can replace smflogo.jpg or you can go into index.template.php and find smflogo.jpg and replace it with filename.gif

There has to be more to it than that.  I've come across a few places in the template that designates images_url as the source for the images but where do you (or how?) do you tell it what the default directory IS for images_url?

I've tried just replacing smflogo.jpg with a new image with the same name......but it's obviously not looking for smflogo.jpg in the right place.

Did that make sense?

Oldiesmann

images_url = Themes/{yourtheme}/images where {yourtheme} is the name of the theme you're using.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

FudPucker69

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 07, 2005, 09:10:27 PM
images_url = Themes/{yourtheme}/images where {yourtheme} is the name of the theme you're using.

Line 60 right now is:
var smf_images_url = /Forums/Themes/default/images"', $settings['images_url'], '";
That's not doing anything.

there has to be more pointers though.  there's about 3 different spots on the page to put graphics, isn't there?

Oldiesmann

Get rid of the /Forums/Themes/default/images on that line. It should say var smf_images_url = "', $settings['images_url'], '";
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: