News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Personalized BBC

Started by Chen Zhen, June 03, 2014, 07:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

When using the test what does the url show after ../index.php?
Are there any undefined errors in the log from the mod's admin template or source file?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

snake_ripken

mod work good for me checn zhen
admin bbc testing work great with no problem
thank you for this mod

NekoJonez

Quote from: Chen Zhen on October 25, 2014, 11:36:40 AM
NekoJonez,

When using the test what does the url show after ../index.php?
Are there any undefined errors in the log from the mod's admin template or source file?

No, it wasn't. And I didn't had errors that were related to your mod. I do have errors in my error log but I know that they are created by another mod. My mind would go BOOM if they were related. It's the Lazy Admin Menu mod ;)

Twitter
My Blog

NekoJonez

PS: Here is a tip... If you can pull this off, maybe add an option where you can select where the button should be placed. Eg: next to "Bold" button.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

I will look into your request for the next version.
Does the BBCode testing still not function for you?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

NekoJonez

No, still the issue I talked about earlier.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

Atm I do not seem to be able to duplicate your issue. I have also asked others to test it on other environments and they report it to function properly.
The mod passes some minor data via the url which is why I previously asked you exactly what the url reads (ie. after index.php?) when you attempt to test a bbcode but you did not answer that question. Perhaps you could relay that info to me for problem solving purposes?

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Ninja ZX-10RR

After half an hour of testing and fails may I ask you wtf is wrong with this BBC? I'm a "little" bit upset. I want to do a quick color BBC because I have a *HUGE* page of colors that should be wrapped into BBC tags... The tag I would want to do would be [quick_color={option}]{content}[/quick_color] and despite I tried MANY configurations I can't seem to be able to do it. When I try to put the {content} within the span, after the style is being closed I always get the "Test" content written correctly but also a weird {content} text which is extra... I tried to put that everywhere and with any converter that I could find but at no avail. Could you kindly explain me how to configure this thing (and why you will set up in that way) before I go crazy once for all? Thanks in advance :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

I noticed one thing off the bat. You said it would be: quick_color
Yet, your screenshot shows it as: colorquick

Ninja ZX-10RR

Whatever. Doesn't matter, I tried to change it to see if that was being the problem.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Chen Zhen

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦,

Can you please post the code you are using within code tags.
You posted the bbc type ( [quick_color={option}]{content}[/quick_color] ) but not the code.
I need to see the actual code in order to assist you.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦,

I am not positive if all you want is to adjust text color within the bbcode tag.
This is a basic example of accomplishing that.

name:
quick_color

type:
[tag=option]content[/tag]

HTML code:

<span style="color: {option};">{content}</span>

Then you use it as such:

[quick_color=blue]This is some blue text[/quick_color]

There is already an existing SMF built-in BBCode to do this example though.
It is named: color

Perhaps this will give you a good example of how to use the mod though.
This way you can add the effect you truly seek.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah sorry I had cut the image too much... How stupid :|

Anyway the purpose is that I have to wrap a whole page of codes into BBCodes and I don't feel like putting random colors and then deleting the color itself etc. I want a cool BBC to be used quickly that will save me an insane amount of time. (I kinda know how to use BBCode "color" tag btw...)

Chen Zhen, thanks, except that it doesn't work at all. See attached. :/

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Chen Zhen

If you are going to use hex colour codes then you must use the pound prefex.

ie.

#cccccc

Also if this is an entire page you are wrapping then you will need to use a div and not span.

<div style="color: {option};">{content}</div>

Also note that if you intend the code to be viewed by all members including guests, you simply need to check mark all permission options for viewing.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Ninja ZX-10RR

No I have to wrap each code... And I don't see the prefex being the issue, the text is blue already (I tested it anyway and doesn't change a thing indeed). It's just that the test thingy is showing an extra {content} and I don't know why...
Changin the span into div didn't change anything, too. :/

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Chen Zhen

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦,

When using hex colour codes you must include the pound prefix as this is simply a css syntax.

I see now that there is an issue with the test process when parsing is selected. However this does not apply to actual usage within your forum.
You can select no parsing and test it again if you wish it to test properly without the {content} being displayed.
Thank you for the report and I will fix this for the next release.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well you are welcome but I have another one...
It just goes in a new line whenever I use one of those codes :| regardless of the trim whitespace option (which I thought was at fault at first)... So let's say I did something like this:
[quickcolor=colorcodehere]Content[/quickcolor]
Following content
And the following content was placed exactly after the last square bracket :/ I'm a little bit "what the..."

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Chen Zhen

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦,

A HTML paragraph tag will do that so if you want the content of multiple bbcodes on the same line then omit the <p> tag from the code.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh, I had forgot that I was using a div, using a span cured it. Thanks for everything :D I think it works as I wanted it to work now. I'll post again in case I had further problems, waiting for the next release anyway.
Glad that I could help you too in finding that one. Thank you also for being always very polite and straight to the point, both here and on SP.net :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: