News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't update past 1.1.15

Started by snarfblat, June 04, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblat

We were at 1.1.14, old I know, and are looking to got "current".  That said, I applied the update for 1.1.15 without issue.  Tried to apply 1.1.16 and got an error message, which has been posted before, The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I have tried to download the update to my PC and upload the package from there with no luck.  The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

This happens no matter what I try to upload.  I have tried to pull 1.1.16 update in ZIP or TAR/GZ.  I have tried to use the 1.1.18 upgrade, 1.1.17 upgrade, and even the 2.0.6 upgrade.  I even tried to uninstall the 1.1.15 update and upgrade from 1.1.14 to something else, no luck. 

I am not that proficient in Linux, so doing a manual upgrade is really not a pleasant thought for me.  Is there anything I can do to resolve this situation and get current without losing our data/forum?  We don't have any mods to the forum, but there is data we need.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

snarfblat

Thanks and apologies - I had seen posts with that fix and tried to apply it a number of ways - never worked.  My PC is Win 7 64 bit using 7zip.  That process would not work.  I just got it to work though by using WinZip on an XP box to generate the new zip version.

So now I'm updated all the way to 1.1.19 - now what?  The Browse Package only shows the following;
    CSS3 Download button BBc 2.0
    AdsToppost 1.0
    MySQL Board Order Fix 1.0

Package of the Moment:
IDR: Improve Disable Registration 1.0.1   

I tried to upload the 2.0 upgrade and the 2.0.6 upgrade and am still getting the error about corrupt package.  Do I need to create zip files out of those as well?

Illori

Arantor

Yup, you can't upgrade from 1.1.x to 2.0 via the package manager.

snarfblat

Thanks all - performed the manual update to 2.0.6 - now I just have to get used to the V2 interface.  Also having issues updating to 2.0.7 but I'll log that issue in the V2 forum where it belongs.

Arantor

If you're on 2.0.6, you can stay there; you only need to go to 2.0.7 if you're running PHP 5.5.

Advertisement: