Outdated copyright, please update to 2014

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, June 04, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'm very much surprised that anyone noticed it but... Administrators please update the copyright at the bottom of the page. We are running SMF 2.0.7 and it has been released in January 2014 (directly from Oldiesmann's topic) so  I believe the copyright should be saying 2014 not 2013 ;)

Directly from the bottom of this page:
"SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2
Page created in 0.084 secondi with 5 database queries.
Page served by: 10.0.100.134 (10.0.100.134)"
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

:-X on this one from me

Though 2.0.7 doesn't actually patch the year because it's impractical to manually patch each of the dozens of language packs (twice) to do it anyway since it has to be done in the language files.

2.1 has already solved this in a better way though.

Illori

the patch did not update the copyright year, so it will not be changed until 2.0.8 comes out and it updates the year correctly.

Ninja ZX-10RR

@arantor: and in 6 months no one ever said this xD

@illori: then why on my forum do I have 2014? Also check your pms I sent you one and I swear to God it's not for support ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Because the master install packages may well have it fixed but the 2.0.7 patch does not. It's all rather complicated. Which is why in 2.1 I specifically changed it to be easier in future ;)

And yes, I believe you're the first in the last 4 and a bit months to mention it ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Arantor on June 04, 2014, 05:50:57 PM
Because the master install packages may well have it fixed but the 2.0.7 patch does not. It's all rather complicated. Which is why in 2.1 I specifically changed it to be easier in future ;)
What about editing the number in the relative file? (I don't know which one it is but it should be possible I think..)

And yes, I believe you're the first in the last 4 and a bit months to mention it ;)
LOL on this  ::) :laugh:

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

That's the problem, it's not one file. How many languages does SMF support? 50? 60? To do it in the patch requires 100-120 modifications (2 different files per language)

The master language files are relatively easy to fix since they can be done quickly in the language editor on the site, but once already installed it's much harder to deal with.

Ninja ZX-10RR

OMG that's SOOOOOO boring then D: Now I understand why no one did that  ;D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

if you used the full install or another language other then english and grabbed updated files you would have the 2014 copyright.

also just because i get sent a pm does not mean i will reply to it.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Illori on June 04, 2014, 05:59:41 PM
if you used the full install or another language other then english and grabbed updated files you would have the 2014 copyright.
Indeed I used the full install :)

Quote from: Illori on June 04, 2014, 05:59:41 PM
also just because i get sent a pm does not mean i will reply to it.
I know but I was just trying to be kind informing you (if you didn't know) that your siggy is not simmetrical and as I didn't know what to do  I grabbed the image and made a perfect one with rounded edges for you :) then you can use it or not whatever your choice I just wanted to inform you about it :)

Going back on topic uhm I hope that it will be done in SMF 2.1 but I have been told that the update will be like from SMF 1 to SMF 2 so pretty much not user-friendly and I don't know if I really want to do that after spending a lot of time installing over 50 mods and getting them working all together with no errors...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor on June 04, 2014, 05:44:24 PM
2.1 has already solved this in a better way though.

Which is why in 2.1 I specifically changed it to be easier in future ;)

Yes, it will be done in 2.1 because it already has been done.

You don't need to upgrade to 2.1 yet - it's not done yet. Even when it is, 2.0 will still be around for a while. It's just that there's a lot of goodies coming in 2.1 ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

I know I have recently checked the development so I know it's being built ;) but the problem I was talking about is another one: the installation. I don't think I can bare installing again all the mods from scratch, also because some of them will be VITAL in a short time such as your SimpleDesk (that's my favourite mod ever even if it has the urgency flaw). Backing up the database, backing up the topics and stuff, updating and reinstalling everything? Uhm... No thanks if it will be like that. Too much time to spend on it and will be fundamental to the forum to stay online as we linked the in-game account to the forum one (any gamer wants it so yes we did that :P )
Even if I think that while the forum is off maybe the database will work anyway... But hell no about reinstalling everything. Nightmare.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Antes

btw patches are not including other language files, and we already updated the required string in our editor, so other than English language, others will display as 2014 :)

Kindred

not particularly a nightmare...

I upgraded a site with a custom theme from 1.1.x to 2.0.x and a new custom theme, along with 15 mods in about 2 hours... and much of that was spend waiting for automated upgrade tasks to move on to the next step
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on June 04, 2014, 06:35:43 PM
not particularly a nightmare...

I upgraded a site with a custom theme from 1.1.x to 2.0.x and a new custom theme, along with 15 mods in about 2 hours... and much of that was spend waiting for automated upgrade tasks to move on to the next step
Yeah it's Kindred versus ME dude ;)
Additionally I have more than 50 mods and also a lot of them has manual edits because some of them edit strings next to each other so i needed to edit them manually a lot of times... Also for instance the SimpleDesk mod has been *heavily* modified to adapt it to my needs... Also what about importing the db and topics? Sections? Permissions? Omg I'm scared at the idea. It took me like a week to make the permissions I have now, it wasn't easy because it's a very particular system and I was still new to smf when I did that. Now I could do that again but hell it would take time anyway... (never mind for the OT it's ok topic's mine and I went OT :P )
And yeah I'm using Italian here even if I'm using English on my own forum XD that is because here it doesn't happen due to the fact that there are much less mods installed I think but on my forum it's annoying to me seeing like one sentence in English among Italian ones. I know I would have to translate them but yeah translate like 55 mods or so, yeah. I'd rather have a social life and deal with my gf's problems xD also working on the game itself (forum subject). Custom theme? Uninstalled it after noticing that there were too many conflicts with js files from other mods. Faraway better editing the default one making it look *inspired* to the previous custom theme :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: