"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen..." DETAILS INSIDE

Started by Anarchology, June 05, 2014, 01:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarchology

SOLVED! Scroll down to the bottom of the post for details!

Well this has been fun. >:(

Clarification: I am running 1.1.19 with multiple mods.

Here's the short story...

• My dedicated server with 1AND1 went completely unresponsive after a memory error.
  • I called tech support only to find out one of the RAID1 drives (sda) crapped out.
  • The server was put into Linux Rescue Mode where I was told to backup critical files to my local drives, and call back.
  • I back everything up from the entire server.
  • I call back, and have tech support, and they physically replace the blown drive (sda), and initiate a RAID rebuild.
  • The rebuild took without a hitch, but the server still wasn't responsive in Normal Mode.
  • My only real option is to re-image the server, and upload via SCP and FTP all of the necessary files. I did this.
  • Everything has been uploaded to their designated locations. The MySQL database files were the raw (non-compiled) table files uploaded to /var/lib/mysql/databasename. I also created the database through Plesk including the dbname, username and pw for the original.
  • The site and custom theme load up with no problem, but nothing works. I just get the error: Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I have tried going into phpMyAdmin in order to try to Optimize and/or Repair the tables, but get the errors that the tables are read only. I went into both SCP and FTP to change the CHMOD value to 755 for the tables, but still phpMyAdmin says they are read only. I seriously feel as if I'm very close to solving the problem, but have spent from dealing with the rest of this horrendous scenario.

Also, could someone kindly point me to the SMF file that contains the text for the error (Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. ) If this problem will persist for any longer, I would like to modify it so that guests and members know exactly what is going on.

I thank you so much for your help in advance!

What I did to rectify the issue was to "Check All" tables that I had uploaded, and EXPORT them to a downloadable file. I then created a database to which I added all of the files. I was able to both "Repair" and "Optimize" all of the tables. I then went into the Settings.php file, and changed the DB name, Username and PW to fit that of the new database. It worked (SO FAR)!

Advertisement: