News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question About Next Page ( putting icons inthere )

Started by Streamlife, June 06, 2014, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streamlife

Hello every one, I have one Little Question About how to Change the Classic TEXT ( Next page ) 1 2 3 etc  And change it For one Icon i chose

Here one Photo i show what i need

( photo )

http://i.imgur.com/ma635Tp.png

Only That For now.

thanks advance

My Forum
www.VskGaming.com.ar
I Run Smf 2.0.7

Best Regards.

kat

I could well be wrong, here... But, I get the feeling that what you want is going to be quite simple, really, coding-wise. But, it'll need to do things that are likely to slow your forum down, a bit.

For something so trivial, is it worth that?

I'd think not, myself.

But, as I said, I could be wrong. If I am, let's hope somebody will put me right. :)

Streamlife

Thanks for Worrying k@ No worrie About forum Speed I Going to Put Some Little Image ( number ) Really hate see the text So little!!!! ;)

Also Doing this I learn how to change things on forum and also learn as you say that this is not worth it because it would lower the Forum but no worrie The forum Still fast ( for now ) ;)
Thanks for reply, Tell me what do u need and i attach or Tell me the way i can do this ( i like learn to much )

kat

Making the numbers bigger should be fairly easy. If I remember correctly, there's a section in index.css that defines things, like that, for the linktree.

I've never done this. So, I could be wrong. But, if you add something about text size in this section:

/* The navigation list (i.e. linktree) */
.navigate_section
{
padding: 0.5em;
margin: 0 0 0 0;
}

I'd imagine it would work. Something like:

font-size: 200%;

perhaps?

As I said, I've never tried it. So, I could be totally wrong. Keep a backup of the file, just in case I am, won't you? :)

Streamlife

I keep one Back up no worry K@and again thanks for reply,

But look i cant Found this line on Index

the index must be within the css folder?

if that's right I can not find that line;
Can you look it
Here I leave the attachment

kat

Ugh! Silly ol' me!

Custom theme. I should've thought of that... :P

Try adding this whole block...

.navigate_section
{
padding: 0.5em;
margin: 0 0 0 0;
font-size: 200%;
}

Put it somewhere logical. Maybe, after:

#upper_section {
    position: relative;
}
#upper_section ul li.greeting {
    font-size: 1.3em;
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 1.5em;

}

As I don't have the theme that you're using, I can't test this out. You might have to use a bit of trial-and-error, to figure-out where it ought to go. That's if it works, at all. As I said, most of this is guesswork, on my part. :)

Antechinus

Wrong code. It's not the linktree. ;)

The pages index is in Sources/Subs.php (look for function constructPageIndex on Line 629 of a fresh file). There are limited styling hooks available by default, but you can add more if you want to (I did, of course).

The default CSS is here:

/* the page navigation area */
.pagesection
{
font-size: 0.9em;
padding: 0.2em;
overflow: hidden;
margin-bottom: 1px;
}
div.pagesection div.floatright input
{
margin-top: 3px;
}

.pagelinks
{
padding: 0.6em 0 0.4em 0;
}

And an example of the markup for that whole area is here:

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".
echo '
<div class="pagesection">
<div class="nextlinks">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '
<div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . ' &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#lastPost"><strong>' . $txt['go_down'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
</div>';

It's a bit cruddy, IMO, and one of the things I changed on my own stuff. How bonkers you want to go with it is up to you, but you can rewrite the markup and CSS to get whatever result you want.

Kindred

BTW: Using images in place of text is bad form, in general....   it makes your site look terrible for those who can't view images for one - and also doesn't scale nicely.

Just increase the font size
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Streamlife

Thank you all for your concern and respond to topic
putting on clean
What should I do?
Put This Code into Subs.sub ?

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".
   echo '
         <div class="pagesection">
            <div class="nextlinks">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '
            <div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . ' &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#lastPost"><strong>' . $txt['go_down'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
         </div>';

And Exaclty where you added the image link buttons?

Also Kindred Say Are bad For Forum, Thanks for worry dude, i Need Test it By my self Increase Next page font Are a good idea too, i need text all posibles, But for now, i prefer Put thoes Little images on next page so, What I need to do exactly?
Thanks

Antechinus

Streamdark - don't mess around with Subs.php unless you know what you are doing. Getting it wrong can break your whole forum.

The code you quoted is from the templates, not from Subs. Much the same code is present in many templates, wherever the pages stuff needs to be called (it can vary slightly from one template to another). That code can be changed, to change some of what is displayed in the browser.

I'd suggest starting with the mod K@ linked to. You can play with the CSS to get different styling and see how you like it.

Streamlife

Antechinus, Thanks a lot for you recomendation Also To K@ like allways, gusy really, That is exaclty what  i need, with Thoes Pagination Going To be Perfect, One more Time Thanks a lot One hug Guys

By the way.....

http://i.imgur.com/jW4h9vG.png

Advertisement: