News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Bot API to display Stats on a Graph

Started by Gerolkae, June 07, 2014, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerolkae

I'm a new SMF user and I need some help...

The project I'm working on ussa Bot that ogs into a game called Furcadia and takes Hourly Counts ofplayers in the dream and transmets it to the SMF Form fthat Control the Bot login access...

My Problem is that I want to use the SMF Authorization Scheme Some how in a custom API php Scrip that will only update Statistical Data to a database table..to be read by a json style Chart...

How do I use SMF's password and User Logon inmy API Script. the Bot only submist post dattaand doesn't use and fancy javascript or session stuff... Bot will provide User and Pass to the API script  foreach data submission

Illori

please dont double post to multiple boards. your other thread was deleted. someone will reply to this thread if and when they know the answer.

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF ;)

Depending on what exactly you need, including SSI.php might be the only thing you need. Take a look at our wiki, we have a full section for integration ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gerolkae

Wow I have a Lot  of Questions spinning through my head and non of them want to formulate into something I can ask...

Thanks for pointing me to the wiki... I'll look though there..

This Bot interface is just one part of many things I want to do with SMF...

I want my site to have Guilds Kinda like the built in Groups But these Guilds  would have a Ranking System... the Guild leader would have Full control of the Guild Boards and be able to Configure the Groups Profile page that will have a Statistic Chart...

Any pointers to get me going in the right direction would be helpful. I Apologise for asking too much when I should do the research.. I just need a little help getting started

margarett

After you include SSI.php, check the contents of $context
This is main variable in SMF and just by loading SSI you get the current logged in user details, plus some tools to automatically handle logins and stuff ;)
check the file ssi_examples.php ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gerolkae

Thanks for the input... SSI.php look like it'll work for my chart Interface... For the Bot API though smf_2_api.php looks better because there's a Log in Function that takes user and password which the Bot will be sending with each request..

Bot API just needs User/Pass verification and a Guild ID So  it can submit data to a custom Table the Charts will be displaying data from.

Any way thanks for the help... the Wiki is really useful.
I'm still designing things and I'll have more questions later But I'll make sure to researchand ask more informed questions when I need to...

You've been very helpful Margarett

Advertisement: