[test version] AjaxChatOnlineUsers

Started by mikk, June 07, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikk

Ajax Chat Online Users v1.0.15
by mikk - forum

Introduction
This simple modification show how many users are on the (ajax) chat, and show the first 30 chat users too, under the date on default theme.
Use at your own risk!

Requirements
SMF 2.0 - 2.0.99
PHP 5.3+
Installed AjaxChat 0.8.7 for SMF, under the "chat" directory.

Tested on SMF 2.0.7 & PHP 5.3

Known problems
None at the moment.

Languages
English
Hungarian

License
This mod is released under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 licence.

Remarks
AjaxChatOnlineUsers_RemoveChatters.php file is not my code, see this link, but I got permission from the author.

Changelog
v1.0.15 - June 14, 2014
- First published version

v1.0.14 - June 09, 2014
- Emergency Stop function. Now you can disable the mod, if uncomment this variable: $AjaxChatOnlineUsers_EmergencyStop in AjaxChatOnlineUsers_Main.php file.

v1.0.13 - June 08, 2014
- Better source file checking.

v1.0.12 - June 08, 2014
- Check ajax_chat_online table, and chat interface existence.

v1.0.11 - June 07, 2014
- Initial release of the mod.

mikk

1.0.12, and 1.0.13 version is arrived, changelog see above.

gWorldz

windowsvizta

windowsvizta

Quote#Ajax Chat Online Users# : Ajax Chat is not found!

I just installed ajaxchat not inside smf folder. Folders are separately but in the same server - i use wampserver for local test.

But thanks anyway ... and please answer me.

With Regards,

mikk

Quote from: windowsvizta on June 09, 2014, 12:37:40 AM
Quote#Ajax Chat Online Users# : Ajax Chat is not found!

I just installed ajaxchat not inside smf folder. Folders are separately but in the same server - i use wampserver for local test.

But thanks anyway ... and please answer me.

With Regards,

Hi!

You can change Ajax chat path with AJAX_CHAT_PATH variable in AjaxChatOnlineUsers_RemoveChatters.php, but Ajaxchat for smf it seems only works under the forum directory.

https://github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/wiki/Installing

If you want test this mod (and ajaxchat is already installed via install.php), copy chat folder to the smf folder, that's all.

windowsvizta

Thank you for your guide, mikk

It works perfectly after moving chat folder inside smf folder.  ;D

BTW, how can i change users color?

With Regards,

Sorry, I got this .. i changed abit inside index.template.php ..
thanks anyway .. keep going better ..  :D :D :D

mikk

Quote from: windowsvizta on June 09, 2014, 10:05:12 AM
BTW, how can i change users color?
With Regards,

Hi!

I know, selectable colour is possible, but I haven't enough time now, what colour do you need? Choice one colour please... :)

windowsvizta

Quote from: mikk on June 09, 2014, 10:13:30 AM
Hi!

I know, selectable colour is possible, but I haven't enough time now, what colour do you need? Choice one colour please... :)

if(!empty($AjaxChatOnlineUsers_Users)) {
                  echo '<li>',"<br><font color='red'>",$txt['AjaxChatOnlineUsers_UsersInChat']," (",$AjaxChatOnlineUsers_UsersCount,"): ","</font>","<font color='blue'><b>",$AjaxChatOnlineUsers_Users,"</b></font>",'</li>';
               }

I added font color to blue & bold.

Sorry if i was poor in english.  ;D ;D ;D

mikk

Quote from: windowsvizta on June 09, 2014, 10:24:55 AM
I added font color to blue & bold.

I recommend, don't change this file: "index.template.php", because then the mod uninstall isn't success. But if you will remember, and you change back the changes...then uninstall is success.

windowsvizta

Quote from: mikk on June 09, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
I recommend, don't change this file: "index.template.php", because then the mod uninstall isn't success. But if you will remember, and you change back the changes...then uninstall is success.

lol ...

i do understand that i should change the mod (install.xml) b4 uploading inside smf. If not, i have to meet error when i uninstall that mod.

Okay sir. I got it.

I really appreciate.

Thanks in advanced,

mikk

Quote from: windowsvizta on June 09, 2014, 10:42:06 AM
i do understand that i should change the mod (install.xml) b4 uploading inside smf. If not, i have to meet error when i uninstall that mod.
Thanks in advanced,

Hi!

Yes, install.xml is the right way, but is your own risk... :)

mikk

1.0.14 version arrived, nothing important, but help if any extreme exception arrived, and index.template.php loading isn't success. But all known exception is handled, I don't think this is needed really.

NanoSector

Dear mikk,

In order to get the mod in the board you requested you'll need to submit it to the mod site using the following link:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=postmod;sa=new

We will then perform thorough checks on it and approve it if we think it's ready. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

mikk

JustOneOldMan

Just installed and tested the mod, mikk.  No problems installing on a heavily modded default theme, and works great.  Just what I needed, thanks...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

hcfwesker

Any chance this can list names in the Board Index Info Center like the original, as well as a number count in the chat button tab in the menu?

mikk

Hi!

I understand your request, but to tell to truth, I don't plan any new features of this mod, this is perfect for me. I'm sorry.

hcfwesker

No worries.  Wasn't too hard to implement this.  Thanx for supplying the MOD, which lead me in the right direction  :)

Advertisement: