News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

have to refresh twice for the forum to work

Started by sul.novak, June 11, 2014, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sul.novak

every member has to refresh the broster twice in order for the forum to show up (forum: hxxp:zakwa.si/ [nonactive])

you have to refresh twice when you get to the login screen and once you logged in.
after that it works ok.

all members are reporting the same problem.

could this be a server-side problem or an configuration/db problem?
any ideas where i should even start investigating?

Matthew K.

Yeah, that is really weird. Has this been happening since you started the forum, or did it just start recently? Any modifications installed? Definitely upgrade to SMF 2.0.7, that is always good. I might also nudge your host and see if they can disable mod_security for you...

br360

I opened the link to your forum, and it popped right up for me. Could this possibly be a caching problem?

If you go to admin>>Configuration>>Server Settings>>Caching- what is it set at?

Matthew K.

When I navigated to their forum, I did have to load it twice for it to show up. What browser did you use, br360?

br360

Chrome originally, but just tried it in firefox and got to the site on my first try there as well.

Arantor

Herman's Mixen

or removed the index.php from the querystring some servers don't like that its known
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Kindred

I think there is an issue with the forum url or an htaccess configuration..

zakwa.si requires a refresh
www.zakwa.si works fine...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on June 11, 2014, 12:53:42 PM
I think there is an issue with the forum url or an htaccess configuration..

zakwa.si requires a refresh
www.zakwa.si works fine...

the www address requires a refresh here. also herman index.php was not removed if you went to the site you would see it is present.

mashby

Got to both without a refresh. I would recommend two things off the top of my head:
1. Update your forum to 2.0.7 as soon as humanly possible.
2. Setup your htaccess to either add or remove the www. from your domain. Either is fine, just pick one.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Herman's Mixen

Quote from: Illori on June 11, 2014, 12:58:40 PM
the www address requires a refresh here. also herman index.php was not removed if you went to the site you would see it is present.

i do not go to random sites ;)
as some people like to remove the index.php from the URL or try to use some SEO yes it can break things...

PrettyURls is not my taste of work either....

and a bad written .htaccess if the webserver can accept them, (Will not always work) ... will/can break things too...

so first disabe .htaccess by rename the file in something different like "htaccess.txt"
to see if there IS a problem with .htaccess and the accepting webserver...
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Deaks

sul.novak, has this been fixed? As you not replyed in a month I have marked this as solved, if its not let us know and we can help more.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: