How to place adsense skyscraper ad on the right?

Started by ephman, June 11, 2014, 01:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ephman

Hello everyone,

Sorry I am new to all this. How can I place a 160x600 adsense ad skyscraper towards the right of my SMF forum pages EXCEPT on post and topic pages? I need it placed between my forum and browser's scroll bar. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using the ad management mod but there is no option to add skyscraper ads where I want to :\

Thanks,
Ephman

Kindred

I believe that the ad manager mod does have a right column... modifying the mod to not show on certain screens is something you should check with the author about.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

if your using a portal this can also be done with that
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ephman

Quote from: Kindred on June 11, 2014, 02:19:12 PM
I believe that the ad manager mod does have a right column... modifying the mod to not show on certain screens is something you should check with the author about.

I tried it with ad management mod. It does show ad as skyscraper BUT it places it within my SMF's outer wrapper (I hope this term is correct). And that is not what I wish for because it squeezes my forum from the right. It basically takes that 160 px width from the forum.
I hope there is some trick to place ads in the white space between my forum and scrollbar.

www.webhostforum.net (if you would wish to see the space)

Quote from: Μπράιαν Poύνικ Ντίκεν on June 14, 2014, 02:06:30 AM
if your using a portal this can also be done with that

I am using SMF 2.0.7 but I don't know what you mean by 'portal'? Sorry lol I am really not a pro.

Kindred

THAT should probably be discussed with the mod author...

However, I suspect the reason it does that is because you have your forum width fixed or set to something like 80%...   which means that ANY addition within the forum is going to have the same issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: