1.1.19 -2.0.7

Started by appleid, June 13, 2014, 11:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appleid

I read and refreshed my head as to the extract of the folder items for windows. I run a macpro desktop ( I call it an Apple Fridge.). What should I look to do to extract from the folder on the mac os? The same right click with different lingo? I'm gonna change my UN to burned to a crisp. Got a ring to it.

mashby

Dear burned to a crisp,
Are you running your forum from your Apple Fridge or do you have a webserver to deploy these files to? Or is Apple Fridge your local instance of your forum?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

appleid

I run from a host server shared; Lunar Pages. And, where do I find a full install (zip) of 2.0.6. I will later patch to 2.0.7 as recommended here.

Arantor

Double clicking on a .zip file in Finder should automatically unpack it for you to upload.

appleid

That's what I thought or, thought I remembered. And then I upload to /Public...or....my present forum folder to overright the 1.1.9v. I am completely backed up.

Arantor

Yup, once you've unpacked the folder on your computer, you upload all the files over the top of the current ones on the server, which is usually into the server's public_html folder.

appleid

OK, can you run over to my house if I screw it up and help me fix it. My wife is telling me that the installer is smarter than I am. :-X

Arantor

Sadly no, it's time for bed for me seeing how it's 6.20am...

appleid

HMmmmm. I uploaded to public html, checked cPanel File Manager found the 2.0.7 in the public html. typed upgrade.php to replace index.php.....nada. It sits still as a stone. My 1.1.9 v is still on the web and is just fine. Used filezilla on passive to upload, all worked smoothly but that is the end of what happened. I'm good for now. Waiting for a lkittle help but I think most folks here are smarter than me and went to bed.

appleid

OK, I reread the instructions and I see what I failed to do. I uploaded to the public file instead of uploading to my forum file. I will repeat the upload but this time I will send it to my forum file on file manager. Just tell me if my surmise is correct and I will get it done. I knew I was to weary to get this right early this morning. I am fresh now and ready to proceed.

NOW, it makes sense to place the upload in my forum. That is how frayed I was last night. Glad I made this mistake. Who knows how many hours I would have been here on this forum trying to figure out what the "....." I did wrong. Actually, I am going for 2.0.7 with this. I'll take the risk of trouble as afore mentioned. My hosts forum is SMF so I think this should be OK. Just want to know, still, if I need to upload directly to my forum folder which now runs 1.1.9.....Thanks.

appleid

Well, I uploaded to my forum file, changed index.php to upload.php and nothing. Are the instructions speaking of doing this in file manager? Not on the web url of my site? at any rate, nothing happened. Need some tips here.

appleid

Perhaps the one thing I neglected as I didn't see it in the upload process is the "overwrite" command or button. I will see if I can find that.

Kindred

also... you don't change any filenames....    upgrade.php is part of the large upgrade archive and needs to be uploaded, along with all of the other forum files - and then run...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

appleid

Thank you for answering. I found an overwrite check in Filezilla but that merely overwrote the existing 2.0.7 folder. I did that anyway but cannot install the package. It exists in my forum folder on the file manager. This is as far as I have gotten. I don't know how to start the install process. The funny thing is that I have installed all the SMF packages and patches that have gotten my forum to 1.1.19. This is just being a bugger. I have checked my DB's, files, stc. They are all there and fine. I am backed up.

I'm missing something along the way and I know it is me and not the SMF software. I place the 2.0.7 in the queue, designate my forum in the upload section and press the upload button. Everything flies out but nothing comes of it. so, it is not the upload unless I am not properly designating the file to upload to. Other than that, I will await some instruction. Also, I did reread the installation instructions to see if there was a change that I was not aware of. Saw nothing had changed but I must be missing or forgetting something.

Illori

are you trying to use the package manager? if so you dont.

appleid

No. I am going from my desktop on the Mac using filezilla for the install. The whole package, not a patch. I haven't touched permissions on Filezilla and that may have something to do with it. Haven't done a full install for a number of years so I may as well be starting again I guess. Credit goes to the developers that I have this longevity with SMF. Just me and a 65 year old brain.

appleid

Tried the upload again into the proper folder again inside public html and it resides there in the proper folder but no install routine shows up.

Kindred

that is correct.

You upload the new files, overwriting your 1.1.x installation.
Then you have to navigate to your-site/upgrade.php instead of index.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

appleid

What do I set on the filemanager or Filezilla to overwrite the 1.1.X? I am missing that knowledge.

Kindred

personally... I don't bother to overwrite... I just delete the files and subdirectories in Sources and Themes and then clear out the root directory of everything except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: