[FREE] Simple CountryFlags Edit

Started by Starz0r, June 14, 2014, 01:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz0r

Can someone make a simple edit of this mod:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=106060.0

I posted on the topic awhile back but it still looks like the thread is dead.

Basically my idea is to remove to choice of choosing a flag location and have it determined by GeoIP instead. Allow for admins to change the flag icon incase it is wrong because they are using a VPN.

live627

Nope, sorry. There is no license on the mod that gives authorisation to modify it without explicit written permission from the author.

Cute avatar, though.

Illori

Quote from: live627 on June 14, 2014, 02:03:35 AM
Nope, sorry. There is no license on the mod that gives authorisation to modify it without explicit written permission from the author.

Cute avatar, though.

if you are only modifying it for one user and not for the general public it is still allowed technically.

Starz0r

Quote from: Illori on June 14, 2014, 06:24:17 AM

Cute avatar, though.

if you are only modifying it for one user and not for the general public it is still allowed technically.
Thanks for the comment on my avatar.

This is what I mean, I don't plan to release it and act like it is my own, just for use on my own forum.

Starz0r

Quote from: Starz0r on June 14, 2014, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Illori on June 14, 2014, 06:24:17 AM

Cute avatar, though.

Thanks for the comment on my avatar.

This is what I mean, I don't plan to release it and act like it is my own, just for use on my own forum.

how do I bump properly

Steve

Just like you did. As long as it isn't within 24 hours, any response to bump your question is good.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

You know, there is a geoip mod already...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Starz0r

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Starz0r

Quote from: Kindred on June 23, 2014, 08:55:23 PM
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-GeoIP
Should I uninstall the current version I have or should I install this over this?

I also have this error when uninstalling the current version so I'm a bit worried what might happen if I continue through the process of uninstalling :S

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Starz0r

RIP The Forum

I can't seem to find what it is asking me for

Kindred

You had a failure in load.php...   Did you manually change the code that was failing?

You have to manually edit the code to remove the mod, either by removing the code or changing it back to what was originally replaced.
Слaва
Украинi

Starz0r

So I got it installed but I don't know how to make it do what I want to. I tried installing the database thing by pressing the button but instead it crashed the forum making it impossible to access it until I rolled it back allowing the forum to be accessed once again.

Kindred

Hmmm... I installed it on 3 different forums/sprees without issue...  Odd.

Post your issue to GitHub, where you got the download.
Слaва
Украинi

Starz0r

Quote from: Kindred on July 03, 2014, 12:12:23 PM
Hmmm... I installed it on 3 different forums/sprees without issue...  Odd.

Post your issue to GitHub, where you got the download.
Alright, I submitted my issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Starz0r

Kinda resurrecting an old topic, but feel like this issue is better put in this thread.

Does this mod also put a flag next to the user's post / reply information, or no? I see the basic settings options, and don't see any choice for that in specific, or do I have to actually install the database to be able to see the flags on the post / more options?

On the topic of the database, I tried installing the database for the GeoIP mod but it won't install the database that I want (country only), and trying to install the database manually isn't working. Am I missing something to this method or is the mod just too old? I'm using SMF 2.0.11 by the way.

Starz0r

Does the GeoIP mod work on SMF 2.0.11 yet? I haven't been able to install the databases it wants from inside the mod.

Kindred

seems to be working on the three sites I use it for...
Слaва
Украинi

Starz0r

Quote from: Kindred on October 10, 2015, 08:00:26 AM
seems to be working on the three sites I use it for...

There is no issue for you when installing the Maxmind GeoIP Database? For me it just keeps telling me it could not install, and I can't exactly figure out why. I even tried to install it manually but that didn't work either.

Advertisement: