Is SMF capable of a dating site?

Started by konstantinusz, June 16, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konstantinusz

Hi!

I would like to know if SMF is capable of a simple dating site?

LiroyvH

Sure, just build a dating community...
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

br360

It certainly has the mods to do most things a dating site would offer. The only thing I would wonder about would be the amount of boards a dating site would probably need though. (All 50 states, major cities for those states, etc)

shadow82x

It would need a lot of marketing to pull it off successfully. :P
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

firemun

Quote from: konstantinusz on June 16, 2014, 06:39:51 PM
Hi!

I would like to know if SMF is capable of a simple dating site?

I think it is very capable of one :) All the custom profile fields you can add and so on. You could even add a portal and with some edits here and there, make the profiles the main course of the site. I would love to see that done with an SMF to be honest :)

MidasBalaa

You can start a dating site with SMF. I would recommend a dating forum. Make it free for ease of marketing. You can also charge later when traffic increases.

Arantor

You can make SMF do anything, it's just about how much time and customisation it would require to make that happen.

Biology Forums

It can be done - the post above summarizes everyone's answer. I would rather go for a PHP dating script that has everything done for you, like http://www.skadate.com/, but SMF if definitely capable.

firemun

osDate used to be a great free dating script except for the phpBB integration, that kind of made it osOutofDate... But when Darren got sick, I think he let development on that and his Tufat $5 scripts go.... ohhhh man the memories of old webbing are flooding back to me!

Jade Elizabeth

That would be interesting. You'd need to put a lot of work and likely money into making a dating site though! Especially when it comes to design, logos, etc.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Femmetreysie

Ofcourse, you can do anything with SMF.

Advertisement: