News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Scheduled maintenance: 6/19/2014 - 11:00 - 13:00

Started by LiroyvH, June 17, 2014, 11:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiroyvH

Hello everyone,

On the 19th of June, our datacenter has scheduled a maintenance window between 11AM and 1PM. (GMT - 04:00)
The maintenance is a stress test for the electricity circuit, to check if the batteries and generators can properly switch back and forth.

We do not expect any downtime, and actually hope that as well, as the hardware should function properly.
However, last year the datacenter did have massive power problems in the datacenter we've been moved to earlier this year.
We expect they have everything sorted now, but just in case; should you see our website popping off the web: no worries, don't panic, don't draw your weapons just yet: we should be back again shortly after.

Thank you.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

NanoSector

Quotedon't draw your weapons just yet
Aww...
* NanoSector puts his sniper away

Thanks for the notice though, I'll start looking for a life for the meantime. :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Antes

k thx xoxo :P

* antes hides his claws and waits Irisado

Arantor

Quote from: NanoSector on June 17, 2014, 11:38:57 AM
Quotedon't draw your weapons just yet
Aww...
* NanoSector puts his sniper away

Thanks for the notice though, I'll start looking for a life for the meantime. :P

Life, don't talk to me about life. Loathe or ignore it, you can't like it.

Irisado

Thanks for the heads up.  That shouldn't interfere with when I'm normally here, but I'll have a backup plan in place just in case :D.

Quote from: Antes on June 17, 2014, 11:55:00 AM
* antes hides his claws and waits Irisado

I have a special cat detection kit, you can't hide from me :P.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

LiroyvH

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: K@ on June 17, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: CoreISP on June 17, 2014, 11:09:00 AMWe do not expect any downtime,

Beroemde laatste woorden... ;)
And from this I see that Core is from Holland lol, I was about saying the same thing xD

As a side request can't you sticky this for these 2 days then unsticky it when it will be done? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Because this board is fairly low traffic, not to mention the fact that most users don't read stickies around here anyway.

Arantor

It's the data centre we have less confidence in, I think...

Arantor

Ninja ZX-10RR

It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Interesting, you found my Facebook profile picture.

Ninja ZX-10RR

For sure as your name and surname is present in one of your most famous mods, a quick search revealed a similar profile image you had here as Arantor and of course kinda obviously it's the same person :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

It's really not hard to find www.facebook.com/arantor after all :P But no, nothing to do with me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah indeed as well. Wonder how to find me then? www.facebook.com/Flavio93Zena :P even though I have a famous italian youtuber as a profile image :P
Flavio: my name, 93: birth year, Zena: Genova, my hometown but said in dialect ;)
And yes I can see you are pretty much right, not too many people are using this board so sticky would be useless >.<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

LiroyvH

And from this I see that Core is from Holland lol, I was about saying the same thing xD

the Netherlands != Holland.

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mashby

Quote from: CoreISP on June 17, 2014, 04:07:03 PM

the Netherlands != Holland.
Sweet, I'll be on vacation during that time.

Also, this.
http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/the-difference-between-holland-the-netherlands
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah I knew that it was Netherlands but being tired and with my girlfriend talking to me while posting I used Holland also because in Italian we say "Olandesi" to address people from the Netherlands, also Netherlands are "Olanda" or "Paesi Bassi". That confused me and posted wrongly. Sorry.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

wow... Italian is screwed up...  it uses the same name for Holland and the Netherlands...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland

QuoteThe name Holland is also frequently used as a pars pro toto to refer to the whole of the country of the Netherlands. This usage is generally accepted, but some individuals, particularly from the other parts of the Netherlands, dislike the use of "Holland" as a substitute for "the Netherlands".

mashby

Yay, Wikipedia! Useful for some things, rubbish in others. Generally accepted by whom? :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Most of the people I know couldn't tell the difference.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Anything related to this? The whole site has been down for like 2 hours to me. See attached.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

LiroyvH

Ninja ZX-10RR

But was it another scheduled thing? I have seen any announcement about it :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Probably an automatic screen, when the server has a wobble.

Calling the Netherlands "Holland" is much like calling England "Yorkshire", I've always thought.

I've only been there five times, myself. But, I have to confess, I loved the place and it's people.

Except Eindhoven. They were well-weird, that lot...

Kindred

it was not a scheduled thing... but the message that you got on the screen clearly explained what was happening.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ok thank you for your informations :)

*runs in the corner afraid by the up-to-come maintenance time*

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: