News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem upgrading from 1.1.15

Started by Coyote Keith, June 18, 2014, 12:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote Keith

I progressively went through updates on my site but when I hit 1.1.15 I was not able to update to 1.1.16. I get this message when applying this update. I'm just clicking the update link in the photo

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

kat

It rather pains me that that hasn't been fixed, still...

Arantor

Quote from: K@ on June 18, 2014, 04:40:25 PM
It rather pains me that that hasn't been fixed, still...

Not just you.

kat

I've asked, in an "Official" capacity, several times.

I even attached a zip file to the original thread, when the update was first introduced.

Guess I ought to try and find that, so that I can add it to my bookmarks...

Arantor

If you attached it, you will be able to find it from Profile > Show Posts > Attachments.

kat

Oldiesmann

I just uploaded a re-packaged tar.gz version (downloaded the existing patch, extracted files and re-archived them with 7-zip). If that doesn't work I'll edit things to point to the zip version instead.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

And hope the build script doesn't nuke it next time, like it has every time since.

Oldiesmann

The build script doesn't even touch that directory.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

History disagrees with you, seeing how that patch file has been uploaded multiple times since 1.1.16 came out and mysteriously corrupts again shortly thereafter.

Oldiesmann

How that file keeps getting corrupted is beyond me. The build script builds packages from SVN. The patch packages are generated and uploaded by hand.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Coyote Keith

kat

Advertisement: