News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: CoreISP on June 22, 2014, 12:46:59 PM
Quote from: Drunken Clam on June 22, 2014, 12:42:50 PM
Why has sm.org not updated to 2.0.8 ???

The question has already been asked and answered in to detail, short version containing all you need to know: we're currently putting more priority to something else for user convenience; there are some server troubles *and* the upgrade has to be done at a scheduled time by two people instead of one due to a mistake on our side.

Rest assured, it will be updated.
Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 22, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
And if you want to read all the details: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524098.0

For users reading this message this topic is *NOT* for support :( please open a support topic in the support board if you experience any issues --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0
I think this topic should be locked but I don't feel like reporting a sticky...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Shambles

Quote from: Mstcool on June 24, 2014, 12:41:44 AM
How come this site is still running 2.0.7? :P
How come some members only see selective parts of threads, like the "reply box"  ::)

Mstcool

Quote from: Shambles on June 24, 2014, 03:01:25 AM
Quote from: Mstcool on June 24, 2014, 12:41:44 AM
How come this site is still running 2.0.7? :P
How come some members only see selective parts of threads, like the "reply box"  ::)

Some people don't have time, sometimes. ;)

emicd

how can i be notified by email when there is an update? i  didnt receive an email with 2.0.8 but i have received in earlier versions.. my notifications settings are the same (recieve important checked) - my forum was favicon changed hacked. so i check and there wan an update. but, was thar because of the 2.0.7 or its my server wich in insecure? thanks

Oldiesmann

The email hasn't been sent out yet, so that's why you haven't gotten one.

As far as the favicon thing - it's hard to say why that happened. It's unlikely it was done through the forum though.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ninja ZX-10RR

Also your own forum should warn you automatically from the administration center :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BigMike

Thank you very much team SMF! Installed smoothly and everything looks great as always!

Regards,
BigMike

MidasBalaa

Thanks a lot. Should upgrade now. I am still 2.0.5

Mstcool

Remember to backup before doing anything. ;)

Mark S

Tried the 2.0.7 "fix" too.  All fails. 

Kindred

then someting else is wrog with your installation and you should open your own support topic --- since this thread is not for support
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BaD1

When will streaming be available for this version. I'm an admin on a site and I'd love to be able to implement this wonderful feature.

Arantor

What do you mean by streaming?

Antes

Scripty

As always this looks great, keep up the good job.

Burt

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone involved. I couldn't use 2.0.7 but 2.0.8 does work flawless...

So Thank you guys again... :)
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

SKSLink.com

How do I update from my SMF 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 from Admin Maintenance {/admin/?area=maintain;sa=database;done=convertentities}

Kindred

well...

first, you notice that this topic is not for support...
second, you don't upgrade from the maintenance screens
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SKSLink.com

See the thread:
"If your system does not tell you that 2.0.8 is the current version, you can go to admin > maintenance > scheduled tasks and run the "fetch Simple Machines Files" task (or wait until it runs automatically on your system)
"
I can't find it in maintenance as it was in 2.0.6 which I upadated/upgraded to 2.0.7 last year.

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2014, 02:37:24 PM
well...

first, you notice that this topic is not for support...
second, you don't upgrade from the maintenance screens

Kindred

running the task just updates the notice in the main admin and in the packag manager regarding the availability of the update

and this thread is STILL not for support
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: