News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.19 freezes (on Windows 7 / 8.1)

Started by user86, June 19, 2014, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user86

Hello SMF Community,

some of my users have reported that my SMF board freezes since they are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 along with Internet Explorer.

Any advice?

Thank you,

Max

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF ;)

SMF, by default, will not cause that. I have W7 with IE8 and I can check.
Can we have a link to your forum, along with a list of mods and themes?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

user86

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have about 400 Mods installed but none of them recently.

Kindred

Seriously, 400 mods?

Who knows what kind of interaction is going on...  Lol

Anyway...  URL? I have win7 and win8 along with ie,..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

400?! :o Didn't you write an extra 0 by accident? :P

I have seen IE8 to have that behavior with some JS stuff. Not on SMF, but I guess there's always a first time... Link?

Edit: ninja'd

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Yes, we run forums.., and a forum software... Which means we need a variety of browsers to TEST
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Funny, the OP didn't actually mention IE8, merely IE on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, which means it's not a specific to IE8 problem since Windows 8.1 doesn't have IE8 anyway.

Then again, don't forget that SMF 1.1.x is older than IE8 anyway.

Kindred

yes....  and neither did I specify an IE version...   I have several running... along with several versions of Windows
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

I did. Because I've seen IE8 freezing like hell with certain JS applications (try J! + Fabrik)
IE9 had similar issues, but not that severe.

Which is why I asked for mods and themes ;)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: