News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What PHP modules/extensions required in SMF?

Started by PokémonS, June 21, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokémonS

Image -> http://puu.sh/9DQdH.png

Hi,

I see many PHP 5.3 modules/extensions, but I don't know which are required in SMF.
So, what PHP modules/extensions required in SMF (fresh install) without any mods?

-> "Enabling additional modules that are not required could result in decreased performance."
-> Source: [click here]
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

kat

Not ignoring you, Pokey! I've been searching for a definitive answer, to this. I can't find anything, at all, about this.

I'll give someone who knows WAY more about this than I ever will a quick nudge, to see if he can answer this one. :)

kat

I'm told that what you've selected, in your screeny, should be sufficient. :)

青山 素子

At the very minimum, you'd only need mysql. SMF is old enough it doesn't use mysqli.

If you want to use the built-in image verification, you'll want gd (not required, but it works better with). It's recommended to use verification questions as image verification is easy to break nowadays.

If you want to send mail using SMTP and use SSL, you'll need the imap extension (I believe). If you're using the built-in "mail()" functionality, you do not.

Likewise, I believe using any language that is complex script or using Unicode (UTF-8) will require mbstring.

The built-in spell checker uses pspell, but most browsers have much better spell checking support.

I recall that in very few circumstances, SMF may try to use sockets, but does not rely on it.

Likewise, I am not sure if SMF uses the zip module, but if you're installing modifications, it should probably be installed.

That's it, as far as I can recall. It should be mostly accurate as of SMF 2.0. I do not know if 2.1 requires different/more.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

PokémonS

Thanks for your answers!

Actually, before I create this topic, I try to click "Use Defaults" which is nearly enable all of the modules.

Few seconds later, my forum goes 500 Internal Server Error.
Then with slow loading, I check the service status and...

The server load goes 230.28! :o
So far, the highest server load that I seen is 80. But this is over 200. ._.

Okay, now I use this modules:
- mysql
- gd

And I'm not sure about mbstring 'cuz in PHP files there are no foreign character like Chinese and Japanese.
But some Japanese characters are in my forum, that's mean in database.

Solved (maybe). Thanks!
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

Dragooon

You should use mbstring if your forum is UTF-8, with 2.1 you might also require json, mcrypt, hash and we switched to MySQLi as default so that too (although mysql still works).

PokémonS

Quote from: Dragooon on June 22, 2014, 12:44:49 AM
You should use mbstring if your forum is UTF-8, with 2.1 you might also require json, mcrypt, hash and we switched to MySQLi as default so that too (although mysql still works).

As long as Japanese characters are still writable and readable, maybe I'm not using mbstring.

きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

Dragooon

SMF does work without mbstring, but I'm not sure how reliable it's own utf-8 implementation is.

LiroyvH

Ah, the joys of cloudlinux... :/
Anyway, that server load is insane. 80 is also quite ridiculous of a number. The server seems to be running out of memory, and it's using swap... No wonder the CPU load is skyhigh.

Are you on a "unlimited everything" host or something?
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

PokémonS

Quote from: CoreISP on June 22, 2014, 12:57:19 AM
Ah, the joys of cloudlinux... :/
Anyway, that server load is insane. 80 is also quite ridiculous of a number. The server seems to be running out of memory, and it's using swap... No wonder the CPU load is skyhigh.

Are you on a "unlimited everything" host or something?
I'm not sure about the limited server load.
My forum is always uptime.

The skyhigh server load is only happened when I check all the PHP Modules, and with active forum.

Screenshoted few minutes ago.

-> http://puu.sh/9EH5T.png

きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

PokémonS

btw, maybe this tool can check to find out the minimum version and extensions required, including PHP Extensions.
-> http://php5.laurent-laville.org/compatinfo/

I'm in shared hosting so I can't do it ._.

Some users has do this on Wordpress, [click here].
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

Advertisement: