News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

problems installing

Started by [dazed], October 08, 2005, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[dazed]

I am installing from a win machine to my server. First I get this:
QuoteA critical error has occurred.

This installer was unable to find the installer's language file or files. They should be found under:
/forum/Themes/default/languages

In some cases, FTP clients do not properly upload files with this many folders. Please double check to make sure you have uploaded all the files in the distribution.
If that doesn't help, please make sure this install.php file is in the same place as the Themes folder.
OK, i've checked double checked and the files are there. I even restarted my browser with clean history, cache, and cookies. Nada same screen.

QuoteIf you continue to get this error message, feel free to look to us for support.

Simple Machines

Here I am, question. Do I have to go through all my dir and set them to 777?

Oldiesmann

Try re-uploading the languages directory. It's looking for Install.english.php specifically.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[dazed]

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 08, 2005, 10:52:04 PM
Try re-uploading the languages directory. It's looking for Install.english.php specifically.

Thanks but no luck. And all the files are there.

Oldiesmann

Delete Install.english.php from that directory and re-upload it. Some FTP clients don't overwrite files unless you specifically tell them to.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[dazed]

Did exactly as you said. Still same error page.

[dazed]

OK I re-download the entire package and unzipped to another dir. Uploaded the Install.english.php file only and bang up and running.

Thanks for the help...

Advertisement: