News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moved forum, formatting gone

Started by jaxelson, June 23, 2014, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxelson

I recently moved my forum to a different domain at the same provider. The forum is up at the new URL but it's plain text, no formatting boxes, colors, etc. I'm using the default format. What did I forget to do? SMF 1.1.11. The forum is here:

http://janaxelson.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mashby

Yep, this is exactly what you need to do:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
The stylesheet and image references are all pointing back to your old domain, not the new one. Running that utility should fix you up.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

jaxelson

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed, I hadn't run repair_settings.php.

On my first try, I got an error that I fixed by setting permissions for Settings.php to 777.

Now I see this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smf_db_replacement__callback() (previously declared in [path]/repair_settings.php:971) in [path]/repair_settings.php on line 971

Not sure where to go from here.

Deaks

their is a way to fix this without using repair_settings, click on admin -> themes and layout -> theme settings

at the bottom you should be able to reset the paths manually or automatically

The wording may be different, im using this from memory :)

Also can i seriously advise you to update to 1.1.19 :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

mashby

You nailed it, Μπράιαν.
Attempt to reset all themes
is the button to press.

Odd that repair_settings didn't work though.
- James M. Barrie

Deaks

wohooo .... my memory of 1.x is still good lol

looking at code of repair_settings it seems to be more geared towards 2.0 not 1.1 :/
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

jaxelson

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 23, 2014, 11:57:57 AM
their is a way to fix this without using repair_settings, click on admin -> themes and layout -> theme settings

at the bottom you should be able to reset the paths manually or automatically

The wording may be different, im using this from memory :)

Also can i seriously advise you to update to 1.1.19 :)

That did it, thanks a million.

Illori

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 23, 2014, 12:04:59 PM
wohooo .... my memory of 1.x is still good lol

looking at code of repair_settings it seems to be more geared towards 2.0 not 1.1 :/

it was fixed a PR was issued to github and has not been merged some 20 days later... i am trying to get oldies to merge and upload the fixed version.

mashby

Yay, more broken stuff.

Anyways, glad the OP could get the site looking functional. And yes, I would highly recommend updating to at least 1.1.19. You are years behind.

If you're in the mood, 2.0.x is the most current version and would highly recommend that version.
- James M. Barrie

Deaks

jaxelson, happy to help, now remember to update their have been many security patches released since 1.1.11 and we dont want to see your site compromised.

Illori, thanks for letting me know, I think oldies is waiting for coreisp to fix something first :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 23, 2014, 12:12:27 PM
Illori, thanks for letting me know, I think oldies is waiting for coreisp to fix something first :P

that is not related to this.

Deaks

ill take your word for it :P

marked this as solved as OP question been answered and now we just bumping it in chat  O:)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

the fixed version of repair_settings.php should be uploaded here now.

Advertisement: