Creating a new website need MAJOR help.

Started by JoeBrodsky, June 23, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBrodsky

Hey everyone I am new to creating websites I am creating a simple forum website that I would want to have a chatbox with a great theme, however when i find a great chatbox i cant get it to work with a great theme I found.  Long story short I ended up crashing my site and having to restart from scratch.  Can anyone help me, I can give you admin status and you could help me at least?  I am so lost its not even funny lol.

The site i want mine to resemble is that of UOHL.net.  I can provide you with the shoutbox link and the theme I want.

br360

What chatbox and theme have you chosen? Can you post links here?

JoeBrodsky

Well I can't even get the website to work this is the problem

This is the error I'm showing "[23-Jun-2014 18:10:02] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/oghlnet/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home4/oghlnet/public_html/index.php on line 51

br360

JoeBrodsky

The theme I want to use is this one

www.awesomestyles.com/smf-themes/view/cod-ghost

However, I want the Cod Ghost part taken out so I can put my own logo there, someone would have to teach me how to do that.

If that theme can't be used though I would like to use the theme Blu, however I could not get the shoutbox to come up on it

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2625

Secondly the chatbox that I want to use is.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=1295

br360

That's a simple fix. In that theme's index.template.php

find-

}

function template_body_below()
{

add before:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

That is the same thing you would have to add to the blu theme if you wanted to use that one instead.

Xarkurai

Let us know if you need further assistance, I could help you out if it fails.
It shouldn't be that much work.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Jade Elizabeth

Also you never have to start from scratch ok? Just delete the theme files and upload fresh ones :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: