News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Apple

Started by Mick., June 24, 2014, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

See if you said it was levgal id have blamed arantor for alot more :D

anyway wild guess without checking your site would be this

#navigation li ul ul {
margin: -27px 0 0 195px;
}

try changing 195 to say to 190 as I said this is guess front looking at the css
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Haha   O:)

I tried setting it to 190 which had little effect, so tried another number to see if it helped..
I'm now able to bring it slightly closer but there is still a little gap, where my mouse loses menu focus :(

edit:

I'm playing around with the numbers in the section you pointed out,
I'm able to get it so the 3rd layer almost, expands from the original menu although it's slightly out of place..
I'll keep playing :P
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Deaks

adding left: -10px; to that area

sorry I never coded theme :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Antechinus

Just set the margin to sightly less than the second level's width.

420Connect.co.uk

Hey,
sorry, it takes a little longer testing when having to clear my cookies to see the results etc.

I've got this for now which has brought the 2 menu's close enough to not have a gap between  ;D

#navigation li ul ul {
margin: -27px 0 0 170px;

}

Thank you for the help guys!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

420Connect.co.uk

Wassup Bry!

- Wondering if you would be up for a custom mobile optimised version of Apple / helping make my altered version better on mobile devices.
I'd be happy to pay for the services but wouldn't know how much to offer..

Let me know your thoughts!

edit: also, any 2.1 plans for Apple?

Deaks

Custom mobile version I cant do, sorry.

2.1 version of all Mick's themes I am working on but time is limited.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you for the reply and I look forward to 2.1 being a stable release (and when the themes are ready!)
- I've seen/heard 2.1s already got a lot of improvements re: mobile devices..   8)

Deaks

2.1 theme is responsive so it works well for mobile and desktop.  Apple Theme will also be updated slightly to keep updates on 2.1 simple, but will be easily recognized.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

I really look forward to it and 2.1's release!

Thanks again Bry!

420Connect.co.uk

:P It would be me again!..

This time I think I've found out what is causing a bug on my site and wondered if it would be easy to solve..
Forgive me for my wrong terminology etc. but hopefully you understand what I mean..

Basically I believe a MOD I want to use, has it's own .css / variable that defines it's own ".user" / <span class="user"> parts..
but the Apple theme also uses .user and <span class="user">

& I think this is what is causing a weird .css issue I've had for a while now..

Would it be difficult to change my files to something different or are these .. "core" parts?

I can give more details if needed and any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Deaks

depends really their are a few ways to do this, you could change your mods .user to something else and their instance in the css aswell (look at what the mod adds for .user) or similar for the theme.  Aslong as the class isnt used already should be fine
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

So if I just changed every instance of  .user in either of them to something else, that should work?

:-P (Levgal again)

Deaks

im going to kill Arantor.

in index.template.php find user class and rename it to whatever I will forever love you if you change it to runicisgreat

then search for .user and change the .user instances in the css to your new class.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Ρουνικ on April 02, 2015, 07:20:31 PM
im going to kill Arantor.

in index.template.php find user class and rename it to whatever I will forever love you if you change it to runicisgreat

then search for .user and change the .user instances in the css to your new class.

Perfect!

I can't thank you enough and can't believe it was such an easy fix after having that bug me for so long! :D
:P .. I feel like sherlock holmes finding the cause (lol) & I used "runicisgreat" as a sign of appreciation too! :P

Many thanks as always Bry! .. until next time! :P

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Hey Bryan,
(Hope you're well!)

I've 2 questions / things I'm interested to know about the main menu in Apple..

a) Would it be a pain to change the menu over to use... "click to open" menu's rather than "hover-over" ?
and / or would it be possible to enable only the "click version" for mobile devices only?

b)  How can I center it?  :P
     .. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to have worked?

Many thanks as always!

Deaks

a) would require some javascript to do so is outwith scope of support I will give (sorry)
b) no clue not looked at the code in a while ill get back to you when i finish uni reports (wed next week)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

not to worry and nice one, cheers! :)

benjauregui

Hi, i'm using this theme and I noticed the login button is unbalanced. How do I fix it?

Great theme btw!

Advertisement: