News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP/Public beta] Apocalypse theme

Started by Antechinus, June 25, 2014, 02:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Yeah people tend to come and go from their favourites. I have several strewn around the web, and they all get intermittent hammering. :D

Antechinus

More patches will be on the way soon. Current to-to list for the theme goes like this:

/* ------------------------------ */
/* Apocalypse theme - stuff to do */

index.template.php cleaning up:

1/ Top/bottom of screen button redundant on iOS. Target to remove on iOS (and Android?).

2/ In conjunction, top bar and menu toggle should be absolute, not fixed.

3/ Revamp some wrapper div id's to make more sense with above (ie: Scrolling default).

4/ Add profile setting to select fixed top bar and up/down buttons.

5/ Remove existing variants, and leave variant functions open for basic color variants.

6/ Remove hoverIntent from superfish.hoverintent.theme.min.js

7/ Remove remaining SMF theme.js functions from both minified files.

8/ Deprecate Function smc_toggleImageDimensions()
Append minified function smf_addButton() to the end of script.js

9/ Edit calls for the two minified files in index.template.php to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/scripts/superclick.min.js"></script>';

And
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/scripts/superfish.hoverintent.min.js"></script>';

10/ Simplify banner CSS. Try setting radii in % instead of px, for responsive auto scaling.
Forget fancy positioning of forum name and site slogan (better for CSS tutorial than for live site).

11/ Ditch the old site slogan code and forum name code. Provide default banner.

12/ Create theme-specific setting for banner url (so newbies can change banner without requiring FTP or cPanel).

13/ Ditch the antique forum width setting.
It's not compatible with good typography or responsive design. Use CSS only.

14/ Ditch the IE=Edge meta tag. Another antique.

15/ Fix this (ahem):

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="http://127.0.0.1/SMF_20x/favicon.png" />';

I think it should be:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="', $scripturl, '/favicon.png" />';

Test the above to make sure.

/*-----------*/

14/ Implement better banner rotation script, and return news lines to standard.

Will require changes to index.template.php, Settings.template.php,
Help.template.php, ManageNews.template.php, ThemeStrings.english.php
and HelpApocalypse.english.php.

15/ While doing the above, ratonalise the footer block conditionals to give
more clarity and flexibility. Maybe 6 custom blocks, placeable top or bottom.

Other templates:

1/ Message/recent still bugged when topic title breaks to two lines. Bluddy Webkit :P.

2/ Sidebar menu should really be one continuous ul, so SF/SC auto close works all the way down.

3/ Message index still needs minor tidying up.

4/ Polls should be more responsive.

5/ Ditto for moderation centre.

6/ Consider more slideout/pushdown/icon/whatever menus for various places (feedback).

7/ More WAI-ARIA roles for menus, etc, to improve a11y. Tied in with 6/ feedback.

8/ Eye candy for login forms, including "wall" for maintenance mode.

Minor CSS stuff:

1/ Sort out fallback for CSS3 gradients - flat colour only.

2/ Think about transitions on top level menu buttons.

3/ Sort RTL CSS, once all responsive LTR is done.

1/ Fix corrupted gif icons.

2/ Make 0.7 opacity core features icons. Defaults too bright against dark background.
   Also do quick tasks.

NOTE: Requires two edits to Admin.template.php,
   due to 2.0.x's brilliant support of custom theming. :P
   Edits required on Line 101 and Line 1322.

3/ Re the above: should also fix inline styles for "Latest stuffz" icons on
   Line 159 of Themes.template.php and Line 862 of Packages.template.php.

Give those two icons a class somehow, and sort the styles in admin.css.

/*-----------*/

4/ Change as many gifs, as feasible, to png.

ovidole91

hi
i have a prowblem i set the  theme for Fixed  on the main page,  but  when i am on the forum on a subject  there is the width that is too large

look at those images:
http://prntscr.com/5tdxko

http://prntscr.com/5tdxsh

and also i can't the butons with bb codes  when i want ro reply in a topic

http://prntscr.com/5tdy3j

Antechinus

Need more information. It's no good giving bug reports that just say "Hey it doesn't work". I need to know what browser you're using. A live link to the problem is also good, if possible. I need to know which patches you have installed, if any. I also need to know how you have set up your portal, since the footer says you are running one.

ovidole91

i use Opera browser last version
i have 32 packs installed
there are shown in these 3 printscreens

http://prntscr.com/5tj2i0

http://prntscr.com/5tj2ms

http://prntscr.com/5tj2pg

I also have smf gallery PRO installed on my smf forum
I am using last version of smf 2.0.9

I am using last version of Ez Portal

my websites with the problem on that theme  is : www.farmingsimulator.info

and there is also another problem

if i want my website to  run  smootlly  i must to  click on scrolling every time when i acces my website

like in this image:

http://imgur.com/pYmVj5U

Antechinus

Quote from: ovidole91 on January 17, 2015, 07:02:46 AMi use Opera browser last version

I just tried the theme on Opera on my local site. No problem there, so it must be related to one of your mods. I'll take a look at the coding for them.

Quotei have 32 packs installed
there are shown in these 3 printscreens

Ok, there is a second patch available for this theme. It has nothing to do with the problem you are getting, but you might as well install it anyway.

QuoteI also have smf gallery PRO installed on my smf forum
I am using last version of smf 2.0.9

I am using last version of Ez Portal

I was mainly wondering if you had portal sidebars set up, since the theme is not currently coded to work with them.

Quotemy websites with the problem on that theme  is : www.farmingsimulator.info

and there is also another problem

if i want my website to  run  smootlly  i must to  click on scrolling every time when i acces my website

Set Scrolling as the default variant in your profile, or in Admin if a lot of your members use Chrome or Opera. The current version of Chrome is bugged, and cannot handle fixed positioning on elements.

It's also bugged in other minor ways, but nothing serious as far as I know.

B the way, I am going to change the theme so it will be ok for Chrome/Opera by default, and may have the fixed top bar available as a user option.

Antechinus

Ok people, another patch. This one does not fix every known issue. I'm just getting some of the small stuff out of the way now, before I forget.

Code (Changelog) Select

index.template.php:
1/ Removes IE-Edge meta tag (not required these days).
2/ Fixes favicon link.
3/ Deprecates forum width setting in admin, due to incompatibility with responsive.
4/ Updates CSS file suffixes for correct caching of patch CSS changes.
    NB: This will not affect admin.css. A hard refresh will be required in admin.
5/ Updates theme footer to add indication of patch level, for ease of support while in beta.
6/ Depecrates function smc_toggleImageDimensions() from old theme.js.
7/ Removes function smf_addButton() from minified plug-in files, and appends to script.js.
8/ Updates script.js file suffix for correct caching of patch javascript changes.
9/ Removes hoverIntent plug-in when running Superclick menus.
10/ Deletes old plugin files, and replaces them with new ones that have updated names and suffixes.
11/ Updates theme footer to add indication of patch level, for ease of support while in beta.   

Admin.template.php:
1/ Fixes a small bug in SMF 2.0.x, so that the theme can call its own images for some areas of admin.

Packages.template.php and Themes.template.php:
1/ Removes an inline style, and replaces it with a class.

admin.css:
1/ Adds new class .latest_fetch to replace inline style.

index.css:
1/ Adds width declaration to .wrapper and #inner_section, to replace deprecated setting.

NOTE: This patch creates two new javascript files to replace deprecated files. Since the two new files are created by PHP, your server may set them to be owned by "nobody". This is dependent on server config, but can result in the files not being editable by you.

If this happens, please upload the js_file_chmod.php script (available in the attachments here) to your forum root, then run it in your browser. This will CHMOD the two new javascript files to 755, after which you should be able to edit them or delete them if you ever need to.

Once this is done, delete js_file_chmod.php from your forum root, as leaving it in place is potentially a security risk.

I have also attached a zipped folder of updated .png's for some admin pages, as well as replacement gifs for the various icons which were getting corrupted when extracted from the theme zip.

The new gifs have been tested for extraction on my desktop, and seem to be fine. If they do not extract without corruption on your server, please let me know.

busterone

Antechinus

I have a bad habit of testing the patches first. I should stop doing that, to give you some excitement.

busterone

Indeed!
The only excitement I have had in a few days was my dog cornering a young raccoon in the backyard fence corner. By the time I realized what he was raising hell over and got out there, it was all over and too late. The poor raccoon didn't stand a chance.   :D

Antechinus

No problem. Let me know when you're really bored and I'll whip up a patch that totally screws your forum. With no uninstall xml, of course. Might as well do it properly.

busterone

I think we can do without that one.  :)

Antechinus

Ok guys (not including Busterone or Chalky):

I notice that the theme has now been downloaded 9 times.
The first patch has been downloaded 5 times.
The second patch has been downloaded 3 times, and
the third patch has been downloaded 6 times.

This does not make any sense. :P The later patches do not include the code changes in the first patch, nor does the third patch include the changes in the second patch. To get things updated you need to install all three patches, and any future patches, in the correct order.

I am doing it this way because it is easier for people who wish to try the theme out. If you would prefer to do it the hard way, where you have to install a whole new theme every time I update some code, then uninstall the old theme which would now be useless and totally unsupported, just let me know and I can do that.

Night09

...Maybe its been installed in places that are used to broken bits? :P

Night09

Quote from: Antechinus on January 18, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
Could be. :D

Put a warning check in 2 for 1 and 3 for 2 with a warning ' NO you cannot f***** skip a patch! ;)

busterone

I suppose it is possible that a few of those 9 downloads have never been installed.  I used to be notorious for downloading 1.1.x themes to a folder on my HD for future testing or use, and forget about them. I would find them months later and then install them.  I don't miss those days whatsoever.  I had around 20 or so mods and about 16 themes at any given time. Template edits for every mod on every theme was extremely time consuming.

Antechinus

Oh sure, but it's just funny that it's the second patch that most people seem to be missing, while they've mostly grabbed the first and third patches.

Anyway, that's their problem. :D

Antechinus

Quote from: Night09 on January 18, 2015, 08:38:16 PM
Quote from: Antechinus on January 18, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
Could be. :D

Put a warning check in 2 for 1 and 3 for 2 with a warning ' NO you cannot f***** skip a patch! ;)
Yeah I might do that from now on.

busterone

O yea, the second patch is a mystery.  :D

Advertisement: