News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to remove name and link under menu.

Started by SaltedWeb, June 25, 2014, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

On my forum there is a simple link with words that are identical to my forum name under the menu bar .
I am using the core theme, how do I remove that link and names without removing the forum name at the very top ? I use a portal and that link goes there and is not practical.
Thanks

Paul
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Deaks

can you provide a screenshot of what you mean please.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

kat

I'm wondering if you know what that actually does, Paul. From the image that you posted, elsewhere http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=520829.msg3713070#msg3713070 it looks like you want to remove the linktree. If I was a member of your forum, that would drive me nuts, coz I use that A LOT!

Have you checked with your forum members? Some of them might not be too amused, if you remove that...

(Unless I'm yapping up the wrong elm...)

ARG01

I believe that he may be inquiring about a double name in the linktree. If this is the case, go to Admin> Configuration> Server Settings and remove the content in the "Forum Title" box.

If he wants to remove the entire linktree then I agree with K@. I have done this a few times and got nothing but negative comments from members that use it regularly. Not a good idea.

If I am wrong on both counts, disregard my blabbering and carry on.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

and if you remove the forum title then your forum will have no title in your browser when you view the index page. also some emails that get sent may not have the forum title in them... generally it is a bad idea to remove the forum title.

ARG01

Quote from: Illori on June 26, 2014, 11:51:13 AM
and if you remove the forum title then your forum will have no title in your browser when you view the index page. also some emails that get sent may not have the forum title in them... generally it is a bad idea to remove the forum title.

I removed the Forum Title on my site and have titles in my browser. They show up as titles of the page that you are currently on. As far as emails, I have not experienced any issues with them. Then again, I never bothered to check.  ;D
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

i said on the index, the index page title has the forum title in it.

Burke ♞ Knight

Also, all subsequent pages, have the forum name on them, as well.
How do you plan on search engines telling about your site, when all pages do not have your forum name on them?

ARG01

Quotei said on the index, the index page title has the forum title in it.

My Home page (Portal) shows the site url. The Forum page shows Index. Good enough for me.

QuoteHow do you plan on search engines telling about your site, when all pages do not have your forum name on them?

I am not sure about the OP's preferences but I have no concerns about whether search engines find me or not. However, Google, Yahoo and Baidu have multiple crawlers on my site at any given time.

Advertisement: