[Preview] Stolden

Started by Ness♪, June 26, 2014, 08:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ness♪

Well...
First, im new idk where to present myselft xD.
Im graphic designer, i have many years in it, i will start a project with a friend, and i will be the Designer of premium themes, but now i would like to know, if this design is enough good for may be premium haha.

Bloc

I like the gradients and the color choices..but the "bent corners" is too much for me. It takes away the focus from everything else. As a nice effect used sparingly it could be ok, but not on every page IMHO.

If you remove those - sure, premium stuff probably (if the other styles/icons are changed accordingly ) :) Mind you, I am not sure there even IS a market for "Premium" SMF themes anymore. It depends a lot on your price level I guess and what people see as "premium" ( as a sign of quality rather than just having a price tag )

Biology Forums

Premium, in my opinion, would mean more than ten original templates edited. Also don't like the side 3D graphics.

ARG01

I actually like the concept of the side corner thing but, I agree that they do stand out a bit too much. Maybe if they were faded out a little to give them an actual background purpose then it may look better.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Biology Forums

If you make it so that the stuff in the middle pops out, instead of pop in, it would look better.

ARG01

Quote from: Shuban on June 26, 2014, 12:15:08 PM
If you make it so that the stuff in the middle pops out, instead of pop in, it would look better.

That can be an optical illusion. Sometimes it appears to bevel in, sometimes out. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.  ;D
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Bloc

Quote from: Shuban on June 26, 2014, 11:23:13 AM
Premium, in my opinion, would mean more than ten original templates edited. Also don't like the side 3D graphics.
Uhm, editing many templates is not necessarily a sign of better quality. All templates could be changed and it would still look inferior to a one-template edited theme. I would rather suggest things like a pleasing design preferably with a somewhat unique look, useful theme options and maybe support for various mods - as signs of a good quality theme that would deserve the term "premium". Also above average support would perhaps be included in that.

I know many designers just want to ship out themes and get money from them sooner than later - but personally I would not pay anything for a theme that looked worse than a free one. One should expect a certain level of these, otherwise anyone could just stamp a price on something and call it "premium".

Biology Forums

I figured the more edits made, the more unique it is.

You're right about the optical illusion! It just popped lol Still not fancying it though.

Advertisement: