News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide A User's Posts

Started by BellGab.com, June 26, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellGab.com

The following idea was sent to me by a user on my forum.  I think it's a fantastic concept for a mod.  Thoughts?

I would think that an awesome feature for this website would be a sort of 'reverse ignore' feature.  It would work like this...

Someone is an irritating ******, but every time you ban them, they just come back under a new name and using a different IP address.  This must be frustrating for you.  What if there were a function that allowed a person to believe that they were participating in the forum, but in actuality no one could see their posts?  They would eventually get bored since nobody would ever interact with them, and they would eventually go away!  All the while believing that they weren't banned, but just ignored by everyone!  No one would quote them, no one would respond to their taunts, no one would even know!  Ha!  I doubt the forum software allows that, but boy, if it did, and if I were you, I would really enjoy watching that.

they would also need to believe that the mail function works for them.  in case they message other members who would verify that in fact, their posts were invisible. 

Their mail would need to appear to work, but would be disabled.

Morsyl

Have you checked out Arantor's Annoy User mod? This idea sounds a little like that, but on steroids.

BellGab.com

Quote from: Morsyl on June 26, 2014, 09:22:05 PM
Have you checked out Arantor's Annoy User mod? This idea sounds a little like that, but on steroids.

Yes, I've seen that. It just prompts a flurry of, "What's wrong with the forum?" type messages to land in my inbox.

Advertisement: