News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Navigation button questions

Started by JoeBrodsky, June 27, 2014, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBrodsky

My first question is how do I delete a button off the navigation bar that I do not want on my website?  For example I want to delete the Staff, Calendar, and Help button. (See Picture Below)

My second question is how do I add a second navigation bar that would go above my banner so that it would be next to where it says
Hello Batman x 17 | New Posts | New Replies (See the same picture below)

I currently have the 6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4) Mod, however I need to delete the 3 buttons I listed to create space on that navigation bar, and having an extra navigation bar at the top would greatly help me as I had too many buttons on the original navigation bar making it go off the page and looking too clumped together.

Also, I am using 2.0.8

Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Mr.Truckman

JoeBrodsky

Thanks that got rid of the Help button, now for the rest! haha

JoeBrodsky

I was able to figure it out by deleting from the Sources/subs.php and just deleted the following code

'calendar' => array(
'title' => $txt['calendar'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar',
'show' => $context['allow_calendar'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
'view' => array(
'title' => $txt['calendar_menu'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar',
'show' => allowedTo('calendar_post'),
),
'post' => array(
'title' => $txt['calendar_post_event'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar;sa=post',
'show' => allowedTo('calendar_post'),
'is_last' => true,
),
),
),

// [Staff] button
'staff' => array(
'title' => $txt['smfstaff_stafflist'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=staff',
'show' => $context['allow_view_stafflist'],
'icon' => '',
),

However I would still like to have the second navigation bar if anyone knows how to help me with that!

Illori

if you dont use the calendar, disable it under core features and it will no longer show in the menu.

CrimeS

JoeBrodsky

Quote from: CrimeS on June 27, 2014, 02:19:40 PM
There is also a very nice modification:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3310

Thanks its a great package!

Only thing left is the ability to add a second navigation bar.  Does anyone have a mod for that or know how to do so?

Kindred

1- the menu lite mod can cause issues because it is rather limited in functionality
2- instead of deleting code, you should either turn off the feature as indicated or comment out the code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JoeBrodsky

Actually I can't install the mod as a lot of the tests failed, but if there is a mod that is exactly like that, that is compatible with 2.0.8 would be much appreciated!

br360

I'm pretty sure that's really the only one of its kind that would add an additional menu bar. It will definitely work for 2.0.8; you're just going to have to manually add the code in where the tests failed.

If you're worried about space though- the 6 button mod has a drop down list so you can actually have 4 additional tabs per menu tab.

Advertisement: