Email queue problem

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, June 30, 2014, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi everyone I have a big problem about my emails being sent from my forum...
Here there is all the story --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524224.0 , the shorter version is that my host has a limit about emails being sent. That limit is 3 mails every 2 seconds so 90 emails per minute. The problem is that SMF doesn't send the emails regularly but in "loads" of many emails (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524224.msg3714315#msg3714315) so I will hit that limit for sure... And of course I can't just set it to 1 email per minute :(
Is there any way to edit the function Sources/ScheduledTasks.php, function "ReduceMailQueue" in a way that I can set it up to fit my needs. It's extremely important and urgent :(
Thanks in advance, Flavio.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thank you for your reply but I don't think it will work --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524224.msg3713800#msg3713800
And hope you got better ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

I'm quite a bit better, ta! :)

Just feeling a bit battered, at the moment.

I've never worked out what that setting's supposed to do, to be honest. It seems pretty obvious. But. reading the thread that I linked to, I'm not so sure. Karl sure knew his stuff, when he was here.

I'm surprised that this kind of thing can't be set up in CPanel, somewhere. Can't find anything, though. :(

Ninja ZX-10RR

Good to hear that you feel better :)
Indeed I know it's a bit tricky and so bad to me as it's very important... I have posted into my host forum to ask if they can change that setup (it's in Italian lol) --> http://forum.it.altervista.org/servizi/214412-limite-mail-come-da-richiesta.html

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

That'll be your best option, I believe. :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

They said they will take it into consideration in the future updates... I am not entirely sure about what that could mean.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Neither am I... Updates to what?

Illori

i would assume future updates to their servers and configuration.

Ninja ZX-10RR

You're right Illori but I'm still wondering... Did they say that for being publicly kind to me or did they really take it into consideration? xD I believe that is the 1-million dollars question :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

They expect you to put up with things, as they are, until then?

Weird.

Illori

Quote from: K@ on July 06, 2014, 02:25:09 PM
They expect you to put up with things, as they are, until then?

Weird.

that is what you get with a free host.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Illori on July 06, 2014, 02:59:32 PM
that is what you get with a free host.
My domain is paid by the way.
Sorry for the late reply I have been in hospital the last week and almost died. (no joke)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

i said host, not domain. those are 2 different things. from all i can see you are using a host that is free.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I know you said that as well as I know that I answered a different thing, so? Do you want to be that "racyst" towards free hosts just because they are free?
P.s.If I don't reply it's coz I can't type actually..

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Thing is, pretty much all free hosts tend to be terrible.

radu81

Quote from: ‽ on July 14, 2014, 01:15:24 PM
Thing is, pretty much all free hosts tend to be terrible.
especially when it comes to sending emails.
sorry for my bad english

Ninja ZX-10RR

Instead of discussing on how *not* to do it can you please get back on topic and help me if you have any ideas? I have already a thousand thoughts on my mind starting with recoverng after getting out of the hospital and hearing you throwing crap about my host that always treated me good is not the first thing I want and need to do. Thank you.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

would you rather us lie to you? there is no solution for your problem if your host will not change how they deal with email. you need to change to paid hosting or you need to deal with it end of story.

Ninja ZX-10RR

-.-
I am not stupid I could make it until there on my own already Illori! BUT! If anyone *could* actually edit that SMF function for me I *could* get it to work.
Ah and sorry for being "rude", http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525177.0, it should explain you why.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: