News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how to intergate wordpress into smf

Started by ozm8ey, July 03, 2014, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozm8ey

Hello how do I make it so when people register/login to my wordpress blog they are also logged into smf that way they wont have to register twice.
Also how can i make it so if people register on my minecraft server they also get registered to the forums?

Kindred

short of it...  don't

Pick what you want your site to be - a blog or a forum...   and go with that.
Do not make the mistake of thinking that Wordpress is a CMS. It is not.
And, besides that, if you want the forum/community to be the focus of your site, then - anything you can do in Wordpress can liely be done in SMF.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Valkrider

Quote from: Kindred on July 03, 2014, 11:35:05 PM
short of it...  don't

Pick what you want your site to be - a blog or a forum...   and go with that.
Do not make the mistake of thinking that Wordpress is a CMS. It is not.
And, besides that, if you want the forum/community to be the focus of your site, then - anything you can do in Wordpress can liely be done in SMF.

That is your opinion others me included have different ones.

You assume that Forum or website is an either / or choice there are many occasions when a website needs both types of functionality.

Your views about Wordpress not being a CMS is at odds with the actual facts with around 20% of the web now being powered by Wordpress. Many major corporations now use it as their CMS of choice.

Back to the original question is there any way to link the login functions so that there is a single sign on for both Wordpress and SMF?

Kindred

quite honestly, any corporation that uses wordpress as a CMS for their site should have their IT department shot at dawn...

(I know... I used to work for one of them)

I didn't say that wordpress was bad.. or that it should not be used. (heck, I use it on three sites myself)
However, you should consider WHAT the focus of the site is
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: