News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

convertion kunena 1.7.2 to smf

Started by oksifun, July 04, 2014, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oksifun

Hello)

I have a problem with conversion and i will be very pleased if you help me to solve it
I have Joomla 2.5.6 Kunena 1.7.2 and i want to convert it to smf )
The conversion goes great
i have aded configuration.php to kunena folder (to show converter the Database of joomla)
then i have changed some in kunena_to_smf.sql  ("fb" changed to "kunena" ,  and "filelocation" to "folder")
conversion started, all was converted EXCEPT all my attachments

While converting attachments i get error

And at the end converter said it's ok )
May be yes ))

All forums and members converted

But all the attachments not coverted

instead of them in forum appeared just words

[attachment=4740]1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=4741]2.png[/attachment]

[attachment=4742]3.png[/attachment]

Directory with attachments (smf) is empty

Have any idea why it could happen?  :o
And how can i add all attachments to their places

margarett

I recently helped a user performing a similar conversion. In his case, most of the attachments failed because they weren't simply there. So I didn't investigate it a lot.

It says "Successful" because the script terminated with no critical errors. In a file copy operation, if the file isn't there it's simply bypassed (or else it would be impossible to perform most conversions...).

You need to analyze your kunena "attachments" table and check where the files are supposed to be. If you find them, then you need to correct the path and naming operation in the .sql file.

Finally, about the "[attachment=4742]3.png[/attachment]"... There isn't much we can do about this... SMF doesn't support inline attachments. There is this: https://github.com/Spuds/ILA but I've never used it so I can't tell
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

radu81

Sorry for offtopic, I use the ILA mod and is working fine. It's one of my favourite mod ;)
sorry for my bad english

oksifun

Thanks a lot)

I've found attachments table (kunena)
The path "/media/kunena/attachments/..." is real )) And there are a lot of files in this directory

I am Sorry for inconvinience, but can you help me a little bit more in correcting the sql file?
i'm not sure what I need to correct in it and where

oksifun

help me please  :'(
stiil don't understand what to change in it

margarett

Can you please post the .sql file you're using?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

oksifun

margarett

Meh, I can't "visualize" this...

If you're OK with it, please PM me your cPanel login details. I have to check the database, and the files on disk to be sure I can understand what's happening.

oksifun

Now it is on my computer) on localhost
But i can download it on hosting if needed
Or maybe can upload dump of database and screebshots of the necessary paths

margarett

If you can upload somewhere (password-protect!) your kunena database and files (because I need to see the attachments), I can "assemble" it here in my localhost and test ;)

oksifun

Sorry for a long waiting, was spending weekend
here it is
hxxp:yadi.sk/d/0nkJag-rX3hAq [nonactive]
password in PM

margarett

oksifun

margarett

There are no news at all :(

I'm having some extremely busy weeks. This will require me to spend some time checking and I can't simply find that time.
Sorry, but this has to wait from my side :(

oksifun

No need to sorry
i appreciate your attention to my problem and I'll wait as long as necessary
Thank You!

margarett

Almost a month later :P

I'm on vacations but I got to install J! and Kunena 1.7.2 in my test setup. I will try to follow up quickly ;)

margarett

Advertisement: