News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Admin and many members cannot log into my forums now

Started by Angie on Dialysis, July 05, 2014, 11:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie on Dialysis

I cannot log into Admin and I am unable to post. I can log in normally but cannot log out.

Forum version is: SMF 1.1.19
Theme used is:    Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM

Most members cannot login or post ... some can .. co-admin is able to login and post. He suggested I use IE as that is what he uses without issue. I have tried the following and still get the same errors for all these browsers:

Chome Version 35.0.1916.153 m
Firefox 30.0
Internet Explorer Version 11.0.9600.17126
Opera 22.0.1471.70

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 

Sandman is my co-admin and at first when he checked he saw 3000+ pages of the same error:

Quote8192: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead.
File: /home/...{omitted}.../Sources/DumpDatabase.php
Line: 235

I went into MyPHPadmin and went to a database backup from 6 days ago. Errors all gone, no new ones generating (where they had been generating about 3000 pages of that error within a minute) but still cannot log in. I can log in normally but not into the admin panel.

Also when trying to post I get this error (as well as at least one other member verified by quoting the exact same error in a message to me) and also when I try to send a private message:

QuoteYour session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

redone

Try clearing your cache on those browsers you trying. Sometimes and I say sometimes running the repair tool may help - http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools

When this happens to me logging out and hitting log out again if it failed the first time usually works. I use Firefox

kat

You might want to try getting the forum's cache emptied, too. Admin>Forum Maintenance.

Illori

Quote from: K@ on July 06, 2014, 06:22:52 AM
You might want to try getting the forum's cache emptied, too. Admin>Forum Maintenance.

1.1.* does not have cache.

rajmail

I am seeing the same issue, I running 1.1.14 for a long time now and suddenly my users started seeing session verification issue and some of them are even unable to login/ post.

I just upgraded to 1.1.19 and no luck. the issue is intermittent.

Any more clues, how to get rid of this one completely.

Illori

even though you are seeing the same issue, the solution to your issue may be different from the op. it is best for you to start your own thread.

kat

'course, if the hosting companies have upgraded PHP to v5.5, neither SMF v1 installation is gonna work, terribly well.

I doubt, somehow, that that IS the problem, here. But, it's got to be worth considering upgrading to SMF v2.0.8, innit? :)

rajmail

I guess you are right, I got an email recently they are upgrading PHP, but never paid attention.

v2 is part of the plan.

Thanks K.

On a side note, are you the same K from MIB? :)

kat

Motor Insurers' Bureau? Mebibyte? Management information base? Manchester Institute of Biotechnology?

Probably not... ;)

Angie on Dialysis

PHP is 5.3  (was 5.4 but was told perhaps try 5.3 so I did).

Seems I can login to admin now at least. I rolled back 6 days (went to a database backup).

kat

Angie on Dialysis

Ya but some still cannot post and one admin cannot post. What could be causing this? The other admin seems to think that upgrading from 1.1.19 to 2.0.9 finally would help?

kat

That makes me wonder... If our host has updated PHP to v5.5, SMF v1 simply wont' work, I'm afraid. :(

I'm dreading my host doing that, coz my forum's on v1.1.19. I prefer it to v2, myself.

Advertisement: