News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

converter nodebb to smf ?

Started by bacanzito, July 06, 2014, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacanzito

margarett

Not that I know of...

I will try to have a look at it. Which version are you using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

Meh, I downloaded NodeBB but I have absolutely no idea how to
1) install and run it
2) pick the strange database it uses and have it in MySQL (this, maybe https://gist.github.com/lernerd/3781938)

I'm not sure when or if this converter will happen, honestly...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dexplorer

How does this work? Nodebb i meant.

margarett

AllanD

This is very confusing software to use I couldn't imagine trying to make a converter for it.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

margarett

The major issue for me is that it isn't MySQL based (neither I know what it uses).
If I could transform it to MySQL I could give it a spin :P

azasmith

Nodebb is a node.js based forum which uses Redis or mongoDB for it's data. I've been using it for about 3 months and it's, amazing. It's not your typical forum install of uploading files and loading install.php, but instead you clone the repo, install the dependencies and run the included setup file through SSH. That then sets you up on a port number and you then reverse proxy that to port 80. Sounds more complicated than it is.

However to actually contribute to this topic, you could possibly reverse engineer my smf to nodebb plugin which takes the data from MYSQL and converts it into a format that nodebb can import. I guess you'd just need to read the contents of dump.rdb and do the opposite to what's done here (starts there at users, works it's way down to categories and posts etc.)

Also worth noting that nodebb uses bcrypt for the passwords, so that would need addressing. :)

radu81

I'm afarid it's not possible to install it on a shared hosting
sorry for my bad english

margarett

Thank you for the detailed explanation ;)

Advertisement: