Uninstall Mod completely

Started by rajmail, July 07, 2014, 04:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajmail

Somehow in Admin panel, I see the Seo4SMF option and it's Active while in Package section, I see the option of installing this one. How do I get rid of all the mod and reset in one shot? I vaugly remember that I screwed up the Mod system long back, since then I see the Mods working but they were shown in package section as I can still inatll them.

I guess I used [ Delete Mod List ] is past which could have done that.

Any ideas how to get back to original state.

I am using 1.1.19

margarett

You need to manually undo all changes performed by that MOD.

Take a look at this:
Manual Installation of Mods
It's also valid for manual uninstallation.

Be sure to backup all your files before you start. Just in case ;)

edit: You might want to completely reset your forum, in that case: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rajmail

I tried reset forum option but I still see Seo4Mod coming into the picture. It's no more listed but it still got the impact on URL.

Can I try something like this?

- Install SMF on a new test domain
- Copy the source from new domain to old one
- run some repair command/ file to reset it?

Any ideas?

margarett

Check for an existing .htaccess file in your forum root and rename it to something else. That should remove the rest of it.

You should get no advantages of doing that operation.
Try the following:
* BACKUP
* Delete EVERYTHING from your forum root, except: "attachments", "avatars", "Settings.php", "Settings_bak.php" (and Smileys if you have custom ones)
* Load the large upgrade package for 1.1.19. Don't upload upgrade* files.

Now you should have no traces of it.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rajmail

Just tried it and it seems. Now Link to Admin is broken, as it's pointing to seo4smf-redirect.php?a=admin.

What to do now?

margarett

Which theme are you using?
And which MOD is that?

rajmail

It seems browser cached so it seems to be working. Thank you margarett.

Once I am done with the test, I will let you know.

Thanks again

kat

Quote from: rajmail on July 07, 2014, 07:26:20 AMOnce I am done with the test, I will let you know.

...eventually... ;)

Advertisement: