News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Theme Not Loading

Started by JustPeachyIC, July 07, 2014, 07:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustPeachyIC

I have tried several times tonight to install any theme other then the default onto my forum.

I have also ran the repairs_settings.php and this has not fixed it. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kat

Obvious question, first. ;)

Are the themes designed to be used with the version of SMF that you're using?

If not, they'll, most certainly, croak.

JustPeachyIC

I downloaded only the ones that are meant to be for 2.0.8

like blackened and humus

And at the moment my server has gone down so can't access the page at the moment.

kat

If they're for the version that you're using, it looks like the paths are wrong. You can check those, in the "Themes" section.

The other thing that comes to mind, is this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=499374.0

JustPeachyIC

I have contacted my host and will see what they say. Thank you for your help so far. Fingers crossed that works.

kat

Illori

Quote from: JustPeachyIC on July 07, 2014, 07:36:01 AM
I have also ran the repairs_settings.php and this has not fixed it. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

that should have fixed the issue...

Deaks

JustPeachy, go to Admin - Themes and Layout - Theme Settings at the bottom you will see Reset Theme URLs and Directories and make sure your paths are correct, then click on the button that says Attempt to Reset all Themes.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Chainy

Quote from: Μπράιαν on July 07, 2014, 12:08:34 PM
JustPeachy, go to Admin - Themes and Layout - Theme Settings at the bottom you will see Reset Theme URLs and Directories and make sure your paths are correct, then click on the button that says Attempt to Reset all Themes.

Thanks, this fixed it for me. I was just installing 2.0.8 on my local server and the installer got the URLs wrong for the theme. It was trying to look in a directory called SMF, rather than SMF2_0 (I gave it this name) - this is strange as the installer has always detected things automatically (and correctly) in the past.

I've done this installation locally many times (for testing translations) and the theme has always loaded with no problems, so it was quite a surprise when the theme didn't load this time!

I wonder if I did anything differently, or is this something affecting just 2.0.8? Not sure...

Deaks

unsure why if you not touched things then shouldnt do this, nothing in code for 2.0.8 would affect this area.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: