Need some help adding a external link...

Started by UndergroundVol, July 07, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UndergroundVol

To the bottom of every page of my site, it's link to another forum website. I have the code to add just want to make sure where to put it. Do I need to go into my server, or is it something I can do within my SMF template that I use? TIA for any help on this.

Kindred

you would need to edit the footer section of index.template.php for every theme you use...

(although possible, it is not recommended to use the internal template editor to modify files -  edits should be done via FTP and a text editor like notepad++)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

you mean the copyright of a mod you have installed? if so you can not modify it unless the mod author approves. if you want something else, you need to provide more details including if this is a free or paid request.

Burke ♞ Knight

No Illori.
The OP wants to ADD a link to the footer.

Illori

that is why i said...

Quote from: Illori on July 07, 2014, 04:36:06 PM
if you want something else, you need to provide more details including if this is a free or paid request.

Burke ♞ Knight

What I meant, was there was no where, that the OP even mentioned a mod installed, nor was a copyright mentioned.
That was why I thought you may have misread the original post. ;)

Illori

he says there is a link to another forum... that could be from a mod

Burke ♞ Knight

Need some help adding a external link...

Quote from: UndergroundVol on July 07, 2014, 04:31:04 PM
To the bottom of every page of my site, it's link to another forum website.

The OP did the old continue the topic title routine on us....LOL

Kindred

ah, you did misread...  :P

He started the sentence in the thread title and finished in the post... (and also used bad punctuation)   it makes more send it you read the whole thing like this...

Need some help adding a external link to the bottom of every page of my site. It's [sic] [what I want to add is a] link to another forum website.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

UndergroundVol

Quote from: K@ on July 07, 2014, 05:16:19 PM
Easy way out?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=351

Thank you, that did the trick! I would like to learn how to do it without a mod, any advise for a newbie where to go to learn about such things?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 07, 2014, 04:35:16 PM
you would need to edit the footer section of index.template.php for every theme you use...

(although possible, it is not recommended to use the internal template editor to modify files -  edits should be done via FTP and a text editor like notepad++)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: