News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to integrate in my iPhone App

Started by SwissRed, July 08, 2014, 09:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwissRed

I have a question.

I have developed an iPhone App. Inside the App i want to ask the user to give me a username so i can register it automatically with my SMF Forum from within the iPhone App. Then inside the iPhone App i can open the specific Forum Board. This is my idea.

Now my questions are:
1. How can i do this registration inside my iPhone App?
2. How can i open my Forum Board within my App without showing any link inside the Board?

I can always save the username and password hidden inside the App. So even the user cannot know the password. And the app will always open the forum board through clicking the button inside the iPhone App.

By the way, although i know how to programme in iPhone, i have no idea how to do php programming. Please keep any help humanly understandable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cecil

SwissRed

My own thought
Can i just do a sql to add the user, will it be as simple as that?

margarett

Your only possibility would be to use the SMF API and have your App to "talk" to the API...
Not really an easy task, methinks...

A wiki article for first read:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF_API#.22REST.22_API_for_SMF_2.0.x
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SwissRed

Thanks for the head up. However i have no knowledge of php, and the AP at first glance is full of php.

Would it be possible to show me with some scripts how to at least start the calling API, a sample of php will be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Cecil

margarett

Yes, the API is built in PHP.

I can't really help you as I've never used it :(
But you can read its topic http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=458832.0 (sticky in this board) and maybe find some examples ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: