News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

WBBLite converter with error

Started by lordimac, July 08, 2014, 06:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordimac

Hi,
I'm encountering an error when I try to convert my WBBLite 2.1 to SMF.

I'm using the official converter from http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=wbblite

The error I get is the following:

QuoteUnable to find the settings for Burning Board Lite 2.0. Please double check the path and try again.

I checked the paths twice and they are correct. The convert.php and wbblite2_to_smf.sql are in my SMF root folder.

Any ideas? Thank you!

edit:

Tried also to update my WBBLite to the latest full version 3 (3.1.8) and getting the same error with the WBB converter. Something wrong configured with the webserver?

edit2: My environment

2 Databases, one for WBBLite and one for SMF. Both are accessible by the same user/password.

Paths:

/var/www/clients/client11/web12/web/smf (SMF Installation)
/var/www/clients/client11/web12/web/ (WBBLite Installation)

Also tried it with an separate directory for wbblite, same error.

lordimac

Ok, got it.

The file "wbblite2_migration.php" is missing in the package. I created it with the following content:

<?php
$wbblite2_database 
'database';
$wcf_prefix 'wcf1_';
$wbb_prefix 'wbb1_1_';
?>

I also had to edit the wbblite2_to_smf.sql because there were many differenced between the file tables and my wbblite tables.

margarett

Thank you for reporting. I'm sorry, I have seen your topic but I don't even know WBBLite :(
Although it seems to be very similar to WBB 3/4, that also need that file.

Can you please post your fixed .sql file? Maybe it helps others in the future ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lordimac

Yes, I can do this.

I had to modify this area that every column has the correct name in it. I think our WBBLite is not running a standard wbblite database layout because it was an full WBB few years ago and got converted soo many times...

SELECT
u.userID AS id_member, SUBSTRING(u.username, 1, 80) AS member_name,
IF (p.Posts IS NULL, 0, p.Posts) AS posts, u.registrationDate AS date_registered,
u.lastActivityTime AS last_login,SUBSTRING(u.username, 1, 255) AS real_name,
u.password AS passwd, SUBSTRING(u.email, 1, 64) AS email_address,
v.userOption17 AS website_title, v.userOption17 AS website_url, '' AS icq, '' AS aim,
'' AS yim, '' AS msn, v.userOption8 AS gender, v.userOption7 AS birthdate,
v.userOption15 AS show_online, '' AS personal_text, '0' AS id_group, v.userOption16 AS hide_email,
v.userOption4 AS time_offset, SUBSTRING(u.signature, 1, 65534) AS signature, '' AS lngfile,
'' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
v.userOption13 AS location, '' AS time_format, '' AS avatar, '' AS member_ip,
'' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer, '' AS validation_code,
'' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, salt AS password_salt,
'' AS member_ip2

I attached the wbblite2_to_smf.sql to this post.

margarett

Thank you ;)

I'm marking this as solved for you, let us know if you need further help.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lordimac

Advertisement: