News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Preview] Apokolypse

Started by SimpMode, July 08, 2014, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

I know the name is similar to Antechinus' latest theme preview but that is purely coincidence. I have been working on this design since February. It started out as a paid job for an EVE Online customer. The customer made the required down payment but unfortunately disappeared off the face of the Earth just a month into the design.
My initial intention was to abandon the project simply due to the specs and colors that are strictly specific to the customers demands. The design was created around a strict 1200px wrapper and most custom mods will more than likely need tedious manual edits to function due to specific code changes required to get the appearance that the customer was dead set on. I highly doubt that anyone besides the original customer would find any use for this design.
I was convinced by members at my site to go ahead and finish this theme, if for any reason to use an an example of my work. After stumbling across the files on my comp numerous times, I finally decided to finish it. However, since this job was a total loss I decided not to waste time on the overall icons.
The header area alone took me over a week to design with a final total of 211 Photoshop layers.

Just looking for C&C, good or bad.

Live Demo
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Antechinus

Looks pretty good, but offhand I can't see where it would require much custom templating, and I can see how you could easily get that header working with fluid width. So, if you're interested, it should be quite feasible to turn it into something that would be easily usable by a range of people.

ARG01

Quote...but offhand I can't see where it would require much custom templating...

Actually there are just a bunch of minor edits in MessageIndex, BoardIndex, Display and Recent files. I just figured that some mods would be a hassle, even with these small edits. To be truthful, I cant even remember what the edits are anymore.  ;D

Quote...if you're interested, it should be quite feasible to turn it into something that would be easily usable by a range of people.

I have no interest in releasing this design. I am done with this nightmare and have decided to move on with my life.  But thanks for the offer. ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

ARG01

I guess this was not a total loss. I just accepted an offer from an interested buyer.  ;)

Antechinus

Advertisement: