News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.7 - 2.0.8 Test failed

Started by spiros, July 10, 2014, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

I checked on 2 different forums and I see these. What should I do?

Sir Osis of Liver

Stay with 2.0.7 for now.  The 2.0.8 update has been a .
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Eh? 2.0.8 was worse than 2.0.7? Impossibru.

Then again, I'm only the guy who did substantial work on 2.0.6, 2.0.7 and 2.0.8, what would I know?

Antes

Stay with wha? It would be better if you investigate the issue, why gives fail on test(s). Downgrading 2.0.6 is better idea than staying on 2.0.7

Arantor

Actually, it looks like the *first* (broken) version of 2.0.7 was installed which is not compatible with 2.0.8; the second (non broken) version of 2.0.7 is the only one compatible with 2.0.8.

Antes

Quote from: ‽ on July 10, 2014, 04:39:43 PM
Actually, it looks like the *first* (broken) version of 2.0.7 was installed which is not compatible with 2.0.8; the second (non broken) version of 2.0.7 is the only one compatible with 2.0.8.

afaik PrettyURLs changing one line in QueryStrings.php (I may remember wrong) causing error, that's why i asked to investigate and cross-check the files/changes.

Arantor

So did the first->second version of 2.0.7 (which was subsequently changed of 2.0.8)

Sir Osis of Liver

Krash keeps his forums at least one update behind, just for this reason.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

No wonder the updates never get properly tested when that's a prevailing attitude.

Antes

Quote from: ‽ on July 10, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
So did the first->second version of 2.0.7 (which was subsequently changed of 2.0.8)
ah thanks :)

Quote from: ‽ on July 10, 2014, 04:55:49 PM
No wonder the updates never get properly tested when that's a prevailing attitude.

lol

Illori

maybe using the package attached to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524016.msg3710277#msg3710277 would help? if they are using the first 2.0.7 patch that should fix those issues and then allow 2.0.8 to install cleanly.

spiros

At the end of the day I went ahead with the update and applied the 2 fails manually.

Mark S

Tried the fix above.  All fails.

Illori

Quote from: ~ Phåråoh ~ on July 17, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
Tried the fix above.  All fails.

please open your own topic with details of your issue. by replying to someone elses topic your issue can get ignored and lost.

Mark S

I did, immediately after posting that.  I wasn't asking a question.  I was adding that it also failed for me as well. 

Advertisement: