News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installing a backup

Started by player.samp, July 13, 2014, 06:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

player.samp

Hello.

I am moving from one host to other one and they gave me the files and the SQL database.

So as far as I know, I need to upload the files they gave me as usual like uploading the regular files, but what about the SQL database?

What should I do with it? How exactly should I insert the database information to the new host? I got a kind of a page with all the SQL code itself.

player.samp

I know this, but it is written there something about installing a file of the SQL database and I don't have any file for it so I am not really sure how to do it.

Illori

if you were not given a database backup, then you are out of luck.

ZerK

QuoteI am moving from one host to other one and they gave me the files and the SQL database.

he said that they gave him the sql database

player.samp

Yes, they gave me it as a URL. It is a page and all the SQL code of the website is found there, I think.

Kindred

That doesn't really help much...,  and is, quite honestly the most unprofessional thing I have seen a host do.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

player.samp

Advertisement: