News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple topic prefix

Started by Jade Elizabeth, July 14, 2014, 06:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I want users to be forced to select a prefix in several boards, but those prefixes to be available in only those boards. I'd like it to be a board setting where I can enter in prefixes with a comma separating them, and a checkbox to require a prefix on the modify board screen. Then they can enter their title in and select their prefix on posting :).

If you can do this for $10 or less please contact me immediately.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

radu81

I don't know if this can be useful, but if you can spend 29$ there is a paid mod from sfpacks
sorry for my bad english

Arantor

Yeah, I think I can safely say that isn't going to happen. It's an interesting story.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: radu81 on July 14, 2014, 08:03:07 AM
I don't know if this can be useful, but if you can spend 29$ there is a paid mod from sfpacks

Way too expensive for me at the moment, and I specifically want it as a board option :).

Quote from: ‽ on July 14, 2014, 08:04:10 AM
Yeah, I think I can safely say that isn't going to happen. It's an interesting story.

Are you saying that you would charge more than $10 to add a checkbox and text field to the board modify screen, and a drop down to the post screen? As well as a check on posting to throw an error if one is not picked?

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Actually that wasn't what I was saying, I was saying there was no way in hell you'd be spending money with Nibogo.

But as it happens, yes, I would charge more than $10. It's actually not quite the simple edit you seem to think it is.

Jade Elizabeth

How much would you suggest?

Kindred

hmmmm....   there was one other prefix mod in the mods list - it had some issues which were never fixed, and so was removed from the queue...    but maybe you could convince Live627 to update it?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2014, 07:37:23 AM
hmmmm....   there was one other prefix mod in the mods list - it had some issues which were never fixed, and so was removed from the queue...    but maybe you could convince Live627 to update it?

OOo more info? I was going to use the lite version of one but it's been deleted. Makes me sad.

So how do I grovel to Live. Should I sacrifice virgins or will cookies suffice? ha ha

live627

Jade Elizabeth

Ha ha, how many sacrifices do we need? :P

live627

Justyne

Overpriced. She didn't ask for straw being spun into gold, Rumple :)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

live627

Arantor

If it were a premade mod being sold, $15 a sale would be fair, but as a built from scratch just for you, I'd be charging $50-$70 for it.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: live627 on July 19, 2014, 08:50:52 AM
your first born son :P

How many of those can I have before it becomes suspicious? ha ha

Quote from: Justyne on July 19, 2014, 08:56:04 AM
Overpriced. She didn't ask for straw being spun into gold, Rumple :)

Ha ha ha :D

Quote from: ‽ on July 19, 2014, 01:25:03 PM
If it were a premade mod being sold, $15 a sale would be fair, but as a built from scratch just for you, I'd be charging $50-$70 for it.

For that teeny mod? What the hell are you adding to it? ha ha

Arantor

It's not about how much I'm adding, it's about effort vs return.

If it's already 'ready to go' and you're just buying a ready-made thing, I'd be selling a product to other people, meaning that my total compensation is more than just $15.

If it's just for you, you're getting something unique. Besides, it takes more than an hour to build something like this with testing.

live627

I WANTS MAH COOKIE!!!!

Mod updated and is now awaiting review.

Jade Elizabeth

I LOVE YOU LIVE! :D

* Jade Elizabeth gives Live enough cookies to swim in :D :D :D

Quote from: ‽ on July 19, 2014, 11:58:10 PM
It's not about how much I'm adding, it's about effort vs return.

If it's already 'ready to go' and you're just buying a ready-made thing, I'd be selling a product to other people, meaning that my total compensation is more than just $15.

If it's just for you, you're getting something unique. Besides, it takes more than an hour to build something like this with testing.

All I want is a text field, a check box (adds a setting), and then a post box. You should check if the board has one on posting only. I don't see how this would be more than a few lines of code?

Arantor

QuoteAll I want is a text field, a check box (adds a setting), and then a post box. You should check if the board has one on posting only. I don't see how this would be more than a few lines of code?

Yes, you're right, it's a few lines of code because I suck and I know nothing. Good night.

Jade Elizabeth

No I want to understand how it's bigger than I think it is :(.

Advertisement: